Monday, March 21, 2011

March Daybook

Outside my window...
...a 10 on the Mellish-Meter.   Sunshine, mid-70's.  Hallelujah!

I am thinking...
...about food, after spending all morning at the lab with 2 kids, starving, and being bored and pricked...Wondering how long it will take my blood sugar to get back to normal levels so I can attempt some schoolwork today!

I am thankful for...
...the ability to watch a movie on my iphone at the lab.  
...the nice ladies at the dance store who let me in to the adjoining, closed costume shop to buy urgently needed drama makeup, and allowed me to get back to the lab for the next (and last) poke.

From the schoolroom kitchen table...
...See above.
...we watched part of Buster Keaton in The General at the lab as part of our Civil War study.
...and we practiced math facts with an app.

From the kitchen...

...Pasta with Pesto.  Italian for the 3rd night in a row.  
... This weekend I made a FABULOUS raw foodie's delight:  Raw Cashew Dreamcake.  It came in very handy today after the long fast!

I am creating...

...A Linen Stitch scarf, and a Dragonfly shawl.  After starting and ripping out 4 times, I think I've got the hang of the Entomology shawl.  Learning how to do the beading was tricky, but it will be worth it for that added sparkle!

I am reading...
...One Thousand Gifts.  Still reading sporadically.  And writing my lists sporadically.  But I'm working on them in my head, which is an improvement over not being grateful at all.

...Alice I Have Been.  FINISHED!  Finally.  Curious.  I'm not really sure how I feel about this book!  It was fascinating, especially the factual parts of the story.  There's a lot missing (which the author made up), so one really wonders what mysterious thing happened to tear Alice and Mr. Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) apart.


I am hoping...
...for a fruitful Lent.

I am hearing...
...ack, the TV.  Time to finish this and get the kids to work before the day is completely wasted!

Around the house...
...Working on ordering a new front door and hardware. 
Not much spring cleaning happened last week with college kids home sporadically for spring break. 

I am going...
...nowhere for a while.  I feel like getting things done here at home!  

One of my favorite things...
...ummm, Raw Cashew Dreamcake?  

I am praying for...
...all the poor souls, living and dead, in Japan
...the rescue workers
...the soul of a fellow-homeschooling mother who just passed away from MS, and her family
...the mother of a friend who is very near the end
...our priests

A few plans for the rest of the week...

...Choir, school, AHG
...a root canal for Pip
...Drama production at school

A Thought for the day...
...from Padre Pio's mother:

Who are we to judge the ministers of the Lord?  For we can only see what he does, while the Lord can see what is in his heart and why he does what he does.

~~~~~
More Daybooks HERE

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...