Monday, March 14, 2011

Another March Daybook

Outside my window...


...DARK!!!???
I completely forgot that Daylight Savings Time exists, and just last week I was saying that we wouldn't have anymore pre-dawn drives to school until the fall.  Hooray!---oops.  Darn.


I am thinking...


about the horrors in Japan.  I can hardly imagine the tragedy over there.  I've seen only a little bit on TV.  Intellectually I know what's happening, but can you imagine the horror of having your whole world turned upside down?  Your home, your neighborhood, your whole town destroyed?  People dead, lost, missing?  More tragedy yet to come?  Oh my.

Many prayers for those poor suffering souls, and resolutions of my own to be ready to meet the Lord.  It can happen anytime.


I am thankful for...


...Lots of things!  I'm keeping a list in my purse, but I notice that I'm often "too busy" to think about it and write things down.  That seems like a bit of a problem and I can see how it would be much better to have an "attitude of gratitude" all the time, even when times/moments are difficult.  Especially when things are difficult. 

(That's a repeat, and of course I'm more determined than ever to be thankful and appreciate every. little. thing.) 

The voices of ALL of my children saying family prayers together last night.  For a couple of very brief days we are all together again.


From the schoolroom kitchen table...
Oh, it will be difficult today with my wonderful college students home for spring break, and TMax on break as well!  No one will want to work.

We are really enjoying the Civil War Unit Study we started last week.  The kids are enjoying it and LEARNING.  I'm seriously considering buying another one for next year.

From the kitchen...


Corned beef sandwiches on Thursday and some Irish Soda Bread!

I am creating...

...A Linen Stitch scarf, and a Dragonfly shawl.  After starting and ripping out 4 times, I think I've got the hang of the Entomology shawl.  Learning how to do the beading was tricky, but it will be worth it for that added sparkle!

I am reading...
...One Thousand Gifts.  Still reading sporadically.  And writing my lists sporadically.  But I'm working on them in my head, which is an improvement over not being grateful at all.

...Alice I Have BeenIt got better, but I wonder where it's going now.  I feel as if I've past the climax and still have a quarter of the book to read.  Fortunately, bookclub was cancelled yesterday so I have more time to finish.  Unfortunately, my friend had to get very ill for that to happen.  I hope she's better soon!

I am hoping...
...for a fruitful Lent.

I am hearing...
...at 7:47 a.m. the house is silent.  The remaining inhabitants are still asleep.

I'm listening to SQPN's Catholic Weekend Podcast.  Tomorrow is Catholic Media Promotion Day.  Go LIKE it on FB and tomorrow (March 15) 
On March 15, 2011, everyone with a blog, podcast, or Facebook page should list their favorite 3 blogs, 3 podcasts, 3 other media, 3 random Catholic things online, and their own projects.

Then, post the link to your list here on March 15th.

Additionally, to help get the word out, press are asked to write articles and press releases for this day.

Lastly, on March 15th, go to iTunes and leave at least 3 positive written reviews for various Catholic podcasts and 3 positive written reviews for Catholic mobile applications. 


Around the house...
Simple Mom has a decluttering program going on.  That's a good Lenten Activity.  I like the idea of going through my house methodically and purging it of stuff. 
I did my clothes last week, and this week is paper clutter.  But we really need to get to the big basement and schoolroom declutter! 


I am going...
...shopping with Brendan, to a piano lesson.  

One of my favorite things...
...Dinner with my whole family present---especially when I didn't have to cook it.
...and in the "How Shallow Can You Be?" category after Japan, my new iphone.  Sorry, but I love it.  Just don't show me the monthly bill.

I am praying for...
...all the poor souls, living and dead, in Japan
...Diane
...Tracy
...our priests



A few plans for the rest of the week...



...Choir, school, No AHG (!), thrifting with my Katie. 
...Decluttering my basement with Katie????



~~~~~
More Daybooks HERE

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally came around on the scarf.:-)

    Decluttering is something I need to put on my to-do list. I've gotten very good at pretending what is behind closed closet doors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...