Sunday, March 20, 2011

Evangelizing the JWs

Yesterday the Jehovah's Witnesses were out in force!  They spent the entire day canvassing our neighborhood, rescuing the fallen.  It's not that big of a neighborhood, with the number of folks they had on duty, they could have finished in less time.  

Unless they were having a good day.

At my house, it's a good thing my Dear Husband was home.  My approach is quite simple, if I'm even in the mood to answer the door:

We're Catholic, and we love it.  Thanks for stopping by!

Dh took a more evangelical approach and on the way to the door had the foresight to grab a copy of Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth.  (text is here)  After the usual greeting, finding out we're Catholic and Lovin' It,  and her commentary on the state of injustice in the world, she offered him her reading material.  He said, "Sure, I'll take yours if you take one of mine!  You take it home and read it.  If you have any questions about the Catholic church, come back and I'll answer them for you!"

Evidently, she laughed.  Affronted that someone should attempt to evanglize the evangelical!

~~~~

I hope you're having a relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...