Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Catholic Media Promotion Day







On March 15, 2011, everyone with a blog, podcast, or Facebook page should list their favorite 3 blogs, 3 podcasts, 3 other media, 3 random Catholic things online, and their own projects.

Then, post the link to your list here on March 15th.

Additionally, to help get the word out, press are asked to write articles and press releases for this day.

Lastly, on March 15th, go to iTunes and leave at least 3 positive written reviews for various Catholic podcasts and 3 positive written reviews for Catholic mobile applications. 


~~~~~~~
Here we go---I'm going to do my little bit to promote Catholic Media.  If you're just hearing about this, go ahead and do your own post; it's not too late.

But it's not going to be easy to choose from all the great options out there!



3 Favorite Catholic Blogs:

1.  Jennifer Fulwiler's Conversion Diary.  Jen's a great writer; she makes me laugh out loud and she makes me think.  Posts range from scorpion sitings to thought-provoking posts on the faith, especially as a convert from atheism.

2.  Catholic Cuisine.  It's great for finding ways to live the liturgical year through feasting!

3.  Gloria in Excelsis Deo.  Katherine will be surprised to be listed here (if she even reads my blog!).  Her blog is mainly about her children as she tries to keep her spread-out family informed of their growth, but her traditional Catholic faith is such a strong part of who she is that it's really lovely to see.  It's heartwarming to see the kids learn their faith and she does a great job of explaining Catholicism to us. 



3 Catholic Podcasts:

I don't listen to very many Catholic podcasts, and I've only listened to one or two of some of these, sooooo:

1. Definitely, The Catholic Laboratory.  Ian Maxfield is great.  His podcast is very well done.  It's well organized and he's a clear speaker.  He also methodically tackles his subjects and makes them fairly comprehensible to non-science types like myself. Very educational!

2.  Catholic Pilot.  Capt. Jeff is a friend of ours, so that's the only reason he makes my list!  (Just checking to see if you're reading, Jeff.)  Seriously, if you're interested in a pilot's perspective on the view from the cockpit and Catholicism, this is your best bet.

3.  Just a Catholic Dad.  Living in the UK with a non-Christian wife and raising their daughter Catholic.  He's fun to listen to, though I've only heard a few episodes.


3 Other Media:

1.  Love my Divine Office app on my iphone!  Loved it on my ipod touch, but now that I have my phone I'll be able to listen to the prayers anytime, not only when I've remembered to upload them before leaving the wi-fi in my driveway!  

2. Fisheaters.  Great place to go for answers to Catholic Questions.  I link to it often.

3.  Faith and Family. It was always a gorgeous magazine when we subscribed to it and now it's online.

~~~~~


Randomness:

1.  I just discovered this new blog and wanted to share today's post.  Oh, my.  It's The Spiritual Exercises Blog. Are you "plumb enough" today?  I can tell this is going to help get my spiritual life in order!




Have a great day perusing all this Catholic stuff online.  Don't forget to LIKE Catholic Media Promotion Day on FB, and see what everyone else likes!

1 comment:

  1. Thank´s for sharing the podcasts. I am really looking forward to listening to some of them! Greetings from Germany, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...