Monday, March 7, 2011

March Daybook

Outside my window...
...Cloudy and COLD!  There was frost on my windshield this morning!!  Someone forgot that's it's March in Hotlanta and we don't do frost this time of year!  The fact that we may get a 30 degree temperature change during the day might make up for it a little bit.

I am thinking...
about Lent.  We'll finish making our Crown of Thorns today and make a new calendar of some sort.  I still haven't decided what to give up, myself.  I'm terrible about making that decision at the last minute.

I am thankful for...
...Lots of things!  I'm keeping a list in my purse, but I notice that I'm often "too busy" to think about it and write things down.  That seems like a bit of a problem and I can see how it would be much better to have an "attitude of gratitude" all the time, even when times/moments are difficult.  Especially when things are difficult.  

From the schoolroom kitchen table...
School on the sofa for Pip, today.  He came home from his rainy camping trip with a cold and sore throat.  So, I'll be doing a lot of reading to him.  

We started a Civil War Unit Study on Friday. Our TORCH group will be having discussion sessions and field trips together, though we don't have to use this program.  I got it because it looked interesting and we loved the first lesson!  I'm really looking forward to continuing this.  With Pip sick today, it might be a good day to watch one of the recommended movies on Netflix.

From the kitchen...
I started the day with my Tyler's Cracked Earth Chocolate Cake and coffee.  I don't see how that's bad since it has sooo many eggs in it.  
That's from my last Daybook, but, strangely enough, it applies today, too!  Yesterday I made it with only 1/3 of the sugar it calls for.  I hadn't eaten sugar for a week and the 60% chips were pretty sweet, so I only used 1/4 c. sugar in the recipe.  I wanted to leave it out altogether; maybe I'll try that next time.

I am creating...
...Lenten projects, a Linen Stitch scarf, and a Dragonfly shawl, which isn't really happening yet since I have to string those 10 feet of beads.  I've done 2.

I am reading...
...One Thousand Gifts.  I even started a list.  I'm not sure yet whether I'll add it to the blog, or just keep my own private list(s) around the house.  I'm definitely sporadically looking for those gifts from God wherever I go, now.

...Alice I Have Been. I like it well enough, but it hasn't gripped me yet.

I am hoping...
...for a fruitful Lent.

I am hearing...
...The first lawn mower of spring?  My kids watching Adventures in Odyssey from Netflix.  The older kids used to love it and I got it for when Meg had her dental work done last week.  She didn't want to watch it then, though.  

Around the house...
Simple Mom has a decluttering program going on.  That's a good Lenten Activity.  I like the idea of going through my house methodically and purging it of stuff.  

I am going...
...to the Health Food Store and JoAnn's today. I need more beads for that shawl!

One of my favorite things...
...Talking with my favorite people.  Namely my friends and my husband.  I had two awesome coffee "breaks" last week with equally awesome ladies. 

I am praying for...
...Lenten Inspiration!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...the usual.  AHG, Choir, school.

~~~~~
More Daybooks HERE

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...