Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Workout!

Take a look at this post over at MamaSweat.  I'm a fan of Functional Fitness.  I'm also a fan of short workouts, because what busy mom has time for a 60+ minute workout every day?  Especially when your kids are little, it's hard to find the time for such a workout and the necessary shower afterward.

I like the Primal Fitness promoted at Mark's Daily Apple, too.  Call me lazy, but I love a 15-20 minute workout.  These days my workouts usually consist of what you see in that MamaSweat Video.  Seriously, go watch it.  Or stay here and watch it:



Three to four days a week I do something like this plus a few extra exercises with heavy weights.  I do more squats with different leg positions and lunges.   I spend no more than about 20 minutes and I can feel those muscles all day.  In a good way.  I'm stronger than I was when I was running 3 miles/3 days a week, and doing FIRM videos the other 2-3 days and wearing myself out.

Bodyweight exercises are simple to do anywhere; obviously you don't need a lot of equipment for this workout.  A full laundry basket will suffice for the Dead Lifts!

My great muscles are still covered up by...ahem...curves (shall we say?), but that's a whole different hormonal and emotional issue that we don't need to go into here.  But I'll just say that having a strong foundation makes a difference!  Its good for building that bone density that starts to decrease in our 30's.

So hop to it!

3 comments:

  1. Can you please pass the flourless chocolate cake and change the subject? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Anything for you, Dear Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great workout! I found after nursing 3 kids in a row that I was hunched over like an 80 yr old lady!! had to make a point of laying flat on the floor every day to restretch all those muscles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...