Playing along with Betty Beguiles, though I'm a little late to the game. Yesterday was a little busy.
1. Whenever we tell people that we went to the same high school, they immediately want to know if we were high school sweethearts. No. He was 2 years ahead of me and had a girlfriend.
2. We both went to the University of Virginia where I lightly stalked him during my first year (since he and D---- had broken up), and we did hang out a bit together when friends from high school came to visit.
3. We had our first date in June (He's gonna kill me if I get that wrong, but I wasn't a history major for a good reason. I can't remember dates.) after my first year. We went to a School's Out party where someone suggested we'd make a good couple, so he called me up and we went to see Fellini's film adaptation of La Traviata. Very classy. It's like "Our Movie".
4. We've always loved watching movies together. I remember when we were first married and we had seen practically everything, we could pick all the Oscar winners.
5. He was supposed to convert to my church, but as he had the stronger will (as in God's), I ended up becoming Catholic, for which I will be eternally grateful.
6. No one makes me laugh like he does.
7. He's great at helping me make decisions and a good sounding board for discussing difficult issues. He's very logical but it's all backed up by his strong faith.
8. We taught Natural Family Planning together for about 10 years because of the positive impact NFP had on our marriage. We also gave The Talk on marital sexuality for our Pre-Cana (marriage preparation) program for quite a few years. It was fun working together that way, and we always felt like the classes were "dates." It sounds lame, but if a date allows a couple to get to know each other better and grow closer, then the classes were dates!
9. Our 7 children (1 in heaven) have made us grow into much better people than we were when we got married.
10. Our 25th anniversary is this August. I've been with him way more than half my life and I can't imagine life without him.