Friday, May 29, 2009

7 Quick Takes


~~~1~~~

One swim meet down (2 if you count the Mock Meet), and 4 to go!  Pretty good meet last night, as those things go.  The weather was clear instead of stormy, we got slaughtered, and I had a good job as Place Judge.  Place Judges get awesome seats at the finish line (can you call it a "finish line" in a pool???), so I got to see every event in the first half.  And there was only a little bit of arguing over which of their swimmers came in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  Their pool has 8 lanes which is really tough to call, so there were 3 of us.  I mean 1 of me, and 2 of them.  Hmmm.....

But seriously, they had 275 swimmers to our 180, so there was no way we could win against them.  We usually win every meet except the one against a huge team.  Why is that?  Why can't they have all slow swimmers?  Someone explain it to me.

I think all my kids were pretty pleased with their performances.  TMax beat his personal best in the IM, so he was happy.  The Little Princess did the breaststroke for the first time and did a good job.  They're looking forward to Fun Friday at practice today:  ribbons, donuts, and pool games.

~~~2~~~

Going camping for the weekend with the American Heritage Girls.  I have a lot of shopping and packing to do this morning!  I hope this state park has lots to do because Hitch and Madden are not exactly thrilled to be spending the weekend with a bunch of little girls and their little brothers.  Do the state parks have wireless clouds hovering over them like college campuses do?  Imagine: relaxing in your hammock, listening to the birds chirp, feeling the breeze, and reading blogs facebooking.

~~~3~~~

Last day of school today for my high schooler!  It's kind of anti-climactic, though, since he still goes back at least 3 days a week for football workouts.  The homeschoolers are going to continue plugging away at their core subjects until the books are done. Now, don't get all in a dither over my making them work during the summer!  They've done little enough for weeks without count, and from what I hear, even the public schools like for kids to do workbooks during the summer.  This won't be any worse than that!

~~~4~~~

No knitting happening.  That makes me sad.  But I can feel LP's quilt calling me from the basement.  I can go down there and work on it since KT was a gem and cleaned up the school/craft room while I took the sleeves off her dress.  Maybe next week....

~~~5~~~

It looks like our television is dying.  Boy, they don't make TV's like they used to!  Our first TV lasted forever and this one isn't anywhere near as old.  I know that's really vague for you people that like numbers, but my brain doesn't remember numbers and dates!  A large part of me would like to just let it die and give up the satellite dish altogether, but I think that part of me is going to lose to the smaller part of me combined with the large part of the Master of the World who wants a Big New Fancy Television!

~~~6~~~

It's time for me to get finished here and go exercise.  I found a new workout that I'm loving.  It's simple, short, and intense.  I especially like the short part.  I don't think any of the variations are more than 16 minutes long!  It's good for busy moms and people who just hate to work out, but it's exhausting and has actually made a difference this month.  My thighs are much stronger than they were!  

Now, if you see me walking down the street, you'll probably say that I don't look any different than I did before.  And I don't, not really, but I can feel the muscles.  They might actually show more if I did the program exactly as written, but I still do my run/walks with dh during the week and I haven't been super-strict with my diet as he suggests.  I didn't make the month of May an All Out War!

~~~7~~~
Did I mention that we're going camping?  Time for me to hop to it and get my act together.  Don't blog too much while I'm gone!  I'll never be able to catch up!
Oh, but if you haven't actually blogged for months....feel free.  I'll be more than happy to read it when I get back.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Sara. Here's a hug for you: HUUUGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(can you call it a "finish line" in a pool???),"

    You could, but it would better to call it 'the wall'. LOL

    Have fun with swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the name of this exercise program. I need something short, but intense.

    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida, it's the Shredded for Summer Workout Challenge. http://www.gymjunkies.com/shredded-for-summer/

    I've been doing the beginner Fat-loss workout with no equipment---just bodyweight exercises! It's great; I can feel it all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...