Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time to Breathe?

We had a little breathing space last week---after co-op drama ended and before swim team started. Of course, the breather ended with a bang, and now we're officially into the swim season and a new kind of busy.

Last night was the annual Ice Cream Social where we (re)learn all the ropes about practices, volunteering, and meet the coaches. Tonight practices start----3 different practice times, back and forth to the pool to pick up and drop off and basically getting nothing done for 3 hours. But then, I'm a Mean Mom and I often make my kids march themselves up there on their own 2 feet!

We're still cleaning up the "wreckage" from last week. I don't know how long we'll be in vehicular limbo. The body shop is going to start disassembling our car today under the assumption that it's not totaled. I'll really be shocked if its not, but repairing it is certainly the best option, financially speaking.

My chiropractor definitely could see the signs of whiplash in his exam yesterday and a worsening of my neck problems. Hooray. Aside from that, though, I haven't had too much pain or soreness from the accident. I did a lot of sleeping on Friday and Saturday, and a lot of weeping on Sunday for various reasons. I think the weepiness must have been a symptom, too, not just the fact that it was Mother's Day.

It looks like a beautiful day today and I'm so thankful for it and beautiful kids to spend it with. Hitch is out of school already, along with KT, so I have them all here except Madden. I'm also scheduled for Adoration this morning and you have no idea how much I am looking forward to that! It has been far too long since I had a regular, weekly date with my Savior.

Have a Bee-Yoo-ti-ful Spring Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...