Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

If we hadn't had a partly sunny day yesterday, I think I'd be going crazy. We've been getting some serious downpours here. The ground is completely saturated and it's not even getting a chance to dry out between rainstorms.

The bright spot in that bit of news is that no one is begging me to take them to the pool, so I can stay home and get some work done. Crap.

But seriously, after I finish this little bit of work, which is really just throwing my readers a bone so they'll come back, I'm going to catch up on entering grades into my homeschool Tracker. I have quite a bit of catching up to do there, but I'm not feeling so bad after talking to a friend who just put her first quarter paperwork in the mail to Seton today!

So, I'm good, because if I had to gather papers, find an envelope, address it, stamp it, and take it to the post office it would take me for. freaking. ever. too!

In other news, there's a possibility that we have chicken pox here. The Pipster annnounced it this morning. He's had spots for several days and didn't bother to mention it. He's obviously not sick, and there aren't very many of them, so I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I was wrong a couple of years ago---what I thought was the pox was just mollescum---these look different, more red around the blister, but he's popped all the blisters, so I can't be sure. He says they're not mollescum because he's the one who had them and is intimately familiar with the appearance. Of course, it might explain TMax's unexplained malaise the past couple of days, so I'm awondering if he'll get blisters in the next day or so.

Okay, I'm outta here to get some homeschool work done. Usually by this time of the year I have a pretty good handle on what we're doing next year and am getting ready to place orders. Not this time. I'm way behind and I'll probably get stuck in the summer rush and linger in backorder purgatory for weeks after school starts.

One of the main advantages to having schooled so many children is that I have plenty of curricula to work with if that happens. Except for TMax, he definitely needs some new texts. Like Geometry for next year. I do prefer to get orders in early, if I can.

I have a pretty good idea of what we're doing and what we're dumping for next year. In fact, we've already switched TMax's history to something we'll spend next year completing. The same goes for Pipster's english. We started a new book and I went ahead with the 5th grade version so we'll be that much farther ahead in the fall.

Have a Wacky Wednesday! I am.

2 comments:

  1. hope the itchies go away soon.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain is good for beginning gardens. But is this too much? Will my plants be yellow and sick when I get home? :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...