Thursday, May 21, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. This is Jade, the turtle the children found and kept as a pet for a few days. I was starting to worry about her chances of survival when she mysteriously disappeared. It's unlikely that she climbed out of the large box she was in without tipping it over, so we (I) think that one of the neighbors freed her and isn't 'fessing up to the crime. I sincerely hope she escaped the garage and isn't going to die in there!
2. TMax finally made 1st Class in Boy Scouts! It took a little longer than expected, but he's got pretty much all the requirements for Star done as well, so he'll get that in the fall. He has to be First Class for at least 3 months.
3. Looky what I got Wednesday!
I picked up Madden, who had a half-day of school, and decided to swing by the CarMax because they had one 2006 Honda Odyssey, 8 passenger van on the lot. I thought I would drive it just to see if I wanted to consider anything besides another Sienna. Let me tell you, it was love at first drive! The Master of the World, wonderful man that he is, said "Go ahead and buy it!" So I did, just as someone at another CarMax was trying to do the same thing, but the person actually test-driving it has dibs. We are very happy with it so far. I'm still getting used to it, but it feels great.
It just feels great to have a car again. And you know what's funny? Every time we put something in one of the cubbies, I think, wow, that could hold some knitting! lol. (But she got a Sienna, so we won't go there!)
4. American Heritage Girls Banquet/cookout was last night. I'm glad that's over---one more thing to check of m End-of-the-Year list. Next weekend is our campout. Then, I think I'm done.
5. But before the campout must come Graduation for Hitch. The in-laws arrive tomorrow; Hitch returns from Rome on Sunday; graduation is Tuesday.
6. Before all that....is today----chiropractor, hair cut for me, and house cleaning. There is also a visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow for a sweet lady from our parish who passed away suddenly this week. I tell ya, you've got to be ready. We just never, never know when the Good Lord is going to call us home!
7. So, on that note....lovely ladies have been reminding us that the Novena to the Holy Spirit begins today. Join me?