Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Good Part of Summer

Honestly, they have a lot of fun with swim team. Something I never had while growing up. Activities that did not take place at school were not part of my life.

Last night was the annual end-of-the season banquet. Lots of awards were given out and the slide show of all the little (and big) swimmers were adorable. Here are my swimmers with their awards:

The Little Princess with her two buddies. They got the "Inseparable" award.

Next is the Pipster, who broke his arm at the 2nd meet. He got the injured swimmer dogtags as a consolation prize. They should have given him a clue. lol. He still doesn't think his game was dangerous. And he still climbs trees with a broken arm.


Next is Madden who won the Most Valuable Swimmer in his age group (13-14). Whenever people see him on the blocks or with his age group we hear mutterings around us that he can't possibly be so young. He's 6' 2". But it won't be quite so unbelievable when he turns 15 in a week and a half.


Last, but not least, is T Max who won the coveted Jamie Award, the biggest award that the team gives out, to the swimmer who exhibits the best qualities of sportsmanship, service to the team, and a positive attitude. He was there for most of the practices of the other age groups. He didn't just hang out and make a pest of himself, but helped the coaches and the other swimmers the whole time. He's a joy.


I'm so proud of all of them, even the 2 oldest ones who skipped out on the banquet to come home and watch past episodes of Lost. They make life worth living, if a bit messier.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just came over from suburban correspondent's place. I too homeschool, but have not been blessed with as many children...ok, ok, I'm workin' on it.
    Sounds like you've got some great swimmers & sports there!
    Blessings, EJT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't recognize your son in the third picture! UGH!! :-) Congratulations to all your kids!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took suburbancorrespondent's advice and hopped over to meet you.

    I loved your post on summer as I was thinking the same thing yesterday: "Where's MY summer vacation?! I'm still driving everyone everywhere, I'm still cooking, cleaning, . . . " Sigh. I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not.

    Anyway, I'm excited about this being the year of St. Paul, too. (But my husband is a Joe, not a Paul.) I'm trying to incorporate some St. Paul studies into our family nights, as well as come up with activities to celebrate this great saint throughout the year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you and all the traffic you are getting...so soon...LUCKY! I don't know this 'suburban correspondent' but I love the name and will have to check it out. (is it someone we know?)

    I love the pics...so cute. I didn't know 'Madden' was just turning 15 too! Goodness, he's like Sean D, who also turned 15 recently, but looks 17.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...