Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Snippets

We're home!  It's so nice to be back in the comfort of my airconditioned home and surrounded by my family (or most of them, anyway).  It's nice to be appreciate by one's husband.  I know he appreciates me all the time, but now he really appreciates me!

~~~
 The first afternoon we were at camp, the older, wonderful, American Heritage Girls got the campers playing a hand-clapping game.   Something about a bullfrog jumping from bank to banky...  They loved it and can't wait to teach it to our troop!
 ~~~
The theme was Christmas in July and we spent one evening packing over 200 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

~~~
My assignment for the week was the Archery range, which meant very. little. shade. and 3-4 hours per day on the range.  We tried really hard to keep cool...well, there was no such thing as "keeping cool"  it was more like "keeping from collapsing from heat exhaustion".  I was working with these 2 wacky ladies, and we're nasty, sweaty, and HOT in this pic, but we're smiling because we're finally finished!
 And just don't say anything about how I look because I barely recognized myself in this picture!

I got a wicked bruise from trying to learn archery myself.  Whenever anyone saw it, they gasped in shock and then said, "Archery, right?"  My own temporary Merit Badge.
~~~
Meg got to spend her days canoeing.  She had a great time with that.

~~~
We had mandatory Chapel every morning for an hour which was pretty dicey because we Catholics have slightly different beliefs in some areas than the protestants, so the Catholic Moms were listening very carefully to make sure we didn't need to do damage control.  As it turned out, there was a bit of an upset one evening during the evening activities, which I will probably tell you about, but it deserves a post of its own.  I just have to be sure I can have the time to write it carefully and try not to offend anyone.

~~~
All week I was diligent about sunscreen on my face and wearing my hat, so I wouldn't get sunburned on my face.  Nothing on the arms or legs.  No problem---maybe I got a little darker, but no burns.

Today I went to the pool for 2 hours and I'm totally fried.  What's up with that?

~~~
I got an urgent call from my choir director, yesterday, because he lost his voice and needed me to cantor this morning.  So I said yes and had a quick run-through with the organist (his lovely wife) today and did my job.  My voice was amazing this morning!  LOL, it's the same, average, voice, but it was just very clear and it was easy to sing; I think it's from the many gallons of water I drank all week which had those vocal chords much more lubricated than usual.  I think I'll try to continue drinking lots of water, but then, I won't have a choir to sing in much longer since they're both leaving for another parish.  We are devastated and will miss them very much.

~~~
Looks like the vacation is over and I need to cook dinner, again.  It's great to be back!  I have a lot of blog-reading to catch up---folks have been busy this week!

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...