Friday, July 15, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

Visit Jen's for more Quick Takes!

1.
I'm sitting here all sweaty, I thought you'd like to know.  Today is the 3rd day in a row I have worked out!  Woot!   I know you're wondering why that's so exciting that I should share, but it's basically because I've been totally lame for several months.  

Everyone has been chatting up P90X for months; I guess because of the Dreaded Swimsuit Season.  I've been dying to try it for years, but it's extremely pricey for something you want to "try".  Plus, I'm not excited about spending an hour or more per day working out! So I got what I hope is the Next Best Thing:  The Supreme 90Day Workout!.  Did you click that?  It's only $20 for 10 workouts!  And they're only 30 minutes each!  It's based on the same principle of muscle confusion as P90X.   I've enjoyed the first 3 workouts, and I've been pleasantly sore, not excruciatingly sore.  I'll keep you posted on progress.

2.
Here's a little pic of Pete's Katie's new bathroom.  She had repainted it earlier in the summer and we just picked up the new shower curtain and eggplant bathmat at Ikea this week.  Can't really see the eggplant in that pic, can you?  Use your imagination.

3.
The house has been super-saturated with Harry Potter for the past couple of weeks.  Books floating around.  Movies being watched and rewatched constantly.  Arguments Discussions about who did what and why.  Pete took the kids to see the midnight show last night.  I heard them come in, but they should sleep for a few more hours, I think.  They won't be able to talk to me all day because I'll be covering my ears saying, "No spoilers!"  "Nah, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you!"  Which is weird because I totally know how it ends, having read the books several times, but I don't know how the movie will end!  You know?

4.
It's seriously time to start packing for summer camp for Meg and myself.  If it were the boys going, I'd be nagging them to get started already, so that if I have to run to the store for last minute necessities, it's not at the last minute.

5.
But it's hard to pack when I'd rather finish up the latest project of painting my mom's hutch for Katie.  The lower half is finished, but the upper half with the grooves and curlicues is going to take a while.

6.
I just had to show you this:  The Shur-line Extension Pole.  (I don't know why they show it without the roller attached.)
I bought one of these on a whim while painting the basement because I was tired of the old wooden ones and my hands were sore.  Let me tell you:  I don't think I could have finished in the time I did if I hadn't gotten this!  It made the work so much easier because of the cushioned grip and the instant change from long to short!  Love.

The only thing I didn't care for is that the roller handle would come unscrewed suddenly, so you had check it periodically (like when you reload the roller with paint).  Just thought I'd share if you're doing any painting this summer!

7.
Trivia night tonight!  Date with my honey, and HP tomorrow.  Book club Sunday.  Packing for camp.  Busy weekend!

What are your plans for the Week End??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...