Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Camp Daybook

You can find more Daybooks at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

~~~~~

Outside my window...
...Sunny and pleasant, but it's supposed to heat up!

I am thinking... 
...about what I still need to pack for summer camp.
...the projects that still need to be completed around the house.
...about what we will do when we start school in a few weeks.

I am thankful for...
...the opportunity to go to Summer Camp for the first time ever!

From the lesson plans...
What are those?  I hope to finish the basement this week and spend next week working on lesson plans.  And cleaning up from last year, which we never actually finished.  I think we'll just end up picking up where we left off.

From the kitchen...
...My 3 boys who will be home this week have each chosen 2 dinners to cook, and I bought the ingredients this weekend.  That should take care of them for the week I'm gone....If it works, I have to wonder, do I EVER really need to cook?  

I am wearing...
...my workout clothes!  Because, yes, I worked out this a.m. before leaving for camp.

I am creating...
...a liveable space downstairs.  Clearing up the clutter as I repaint, little by little.

I am reading...
A book by Eleanor Roosevelt, who I hear was a "wacko lefty", but she seems to have a certain amount of womanly wisdom.  We'll see.


I am hoping...
...to get the basement finished in the next week before I go to summer camp!

Finished the wall-painting, but I'm in the middle of the hutch, which is still in pieces.  That will have to wait til I get back.

I am hearing...
...Meg singing the National Anthem in her best voice.  She wants to sing it at the beginning of a swim meet next year.

Around the house...
...Did I mention the basement?
Everything is on hold while I'm gone!

I am going...
...to AHG Summer Camp!  
...to be really HOT all week,
...to have a great time,
...to be really tired when I get home!

One of my favorite things...
...the sound of children playing happily in the mornings.

I am praying for...
...Gus, Eric, Mary Ann, Daisy, Elizabeth, the people in Joplin, our priests...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...AHG

1 comment:

  1. You're a good woman, Charlie "Sara" Brown! I'm glad it's you and not me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...