Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Before and After

I didn't take a very good "before" picture for you, because I'm just that kind of blogger.  I kind of remember at the last minute that I'm supposed to!

I got this little dresser for free from a friend's garage.  I don't know why Kath gave it up since she's as crafty (or craftier!) as I am.  But I thought it was just the right size for my bathroom.
 I had some spare time yesterday afternoon, and I had been to The Depot for something else, where I picked up the necessary paint for it, so I just launched into it because the house wasn't messy enough.

I had been planning to paint it in the garage, but it's just too. darn.  hot.  So I thought I could bring in one drawer at a time, and before I knew it, it was finished!  

I found the old brass knobs from the kitchen, and painted them with the hammered nickel spraypaint that was just begging to be used.
 Et voila!  She is beautiful and is perfect in my bathroom!
That first pic does not do the color justice; it's very bright, much closer to this last picture.  It's Behr Jamaican Sea.   I have lots of it left over if anyone local needs it!

Are you sorry you let me have it, Kathleen?

You can see more "Before and Afters" here:

beforeAndAfterButton3.gif

4 comments:

  1. It turned out really cute!! I can't wait to try it out on my own stuff

    (thrifydecorchick.com brought me here :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the paint color you've chosen for the dresser. It is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part for me is that, except for the paint, it's totally free :-) & it's a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paint color is so cute! Great post I must say. Simple but yet interesting and engaging. Keep up the awesome work! Marie Greenhalgh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...