Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Summer Daybook

Outside my window...
...Sunny, hot, a few clouds.  Probably more thunderstorms this afternoon.

I am thinking... 
...about how long it will take me to paint the rest of the basement!

I am thankful for...
...my kayaking daughter surviving the severe thunderstorm and hail while on the river Saturday.
...It seems silly, but while I'm getting all this work done around the house, I remember the past few summers where I got nothing done because I was too tired.  I was healthy, just T.I.R.E.D.  
Ladies, get your hormones checked!  Getting my hormones balanced has made a huge difference in my life.  I'm not on thyroid meds or any other hormones; I'm just on supplements that make them all work better.

From the lesson plans...
What are those?  I hope to finish the basement this week and spend next week working on lesson plans.  And cleaning up from last year, which we never actually finished.  I think we'll just end up picking up where we left off.

From the kitchen...
...Last night we had Barbara's Asian Lettuce Wraps which were a total hit.   There were only 4 of us, so I'll have to double the recipe when we try it again.
...Something easy tonight.  Maybe Pete will cook since I plan to paint all day, again.

I am wearing...
...Shorts and a t-shirt.  

I am creating...
...a liveable space downstairs.  Clearing up the clutter as I repaint, little by little.

I am reading...
Born to Run, by a guy who asked the question "Why does my foot hurt?" and set out to find the answer.  Why can some people run effortlessly, even 100 mile races?  Very interesting, so far.  Not that I have any desire to be one of those people.

I am hoping...
...to get the basement finished in the next week before I go to summer camp!

I am hearing...
...Mario on the wii.  Is there anything more annoying than the repetitive Mario Bros. music? Last week when Meg was helping me paint she was singing to herself---Mario Bros.!  She didn't realize it was the same tune, and I made her sing a real song because it was driving me nuts.

Around the house...
...Did I mention the basement?
...Exercise Room is done!
...Hallway is almost done---just one more door to paint.
...the playroom is half painted, but the other half requires serious furniture moving.  I need a big helper for that.
...we got storage shelves for our storage room!  What an amazing difference that makes in the pile of stuff!  We probably still need one more shelf to make it perfect.
...Yesterday I cleaned out the 2 bedrooms of the boys at Summer Camp; Meg and I cleaned out her room (needed a shovel!) 
...reorganized the linen closet, getting rid of old or unused sheets and towels
...Pete and I cleaned out his closet which was a HUGE mess.

I am going...
...to let Pete run my errands today since he needs something to do, and he can help paint, too.
...to donate a LOT of stuff to Goodwill.

I hope the economy gets better soon; I can't imagine a world where none of my remaining 3 kids are unable to get summer jobs.  Better still, jobs where they can work at least one day per week year round.

One of my favorite things...
...painting,  or at least being finished painting.  New, clean walls.
...lots of time to listen to podcasts

I am praying for...
...Gus, Eric, Mary Ann, Daisy, Elizabeth, the people in Joplin, our priests...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...painting
...AHG board meeting
...AHG ice cream party

What are you doing with your summer?  Are you relaxing or getting things done around the house?
(Though, I have to say, for me, getting these things done will help me relax more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...