Friday, July 29, 2011

7 Quick Takes - Messy Edition


~1~
This is what you see when you walk in my house these days:  very organized clutter.  Stuff on the stairs to be returned to friends.  Piles of paper on the floor to be filed for each child.  A box of books and manipulatives to be given away.  And an empty trashcan because it was  taken out along with the large pile of trash beside it.

 ~2~
If you look to the left, there's the lovely library:  It's still totally disorganized.  I don't know what it all is or where it goes, except....the 2 cardboard boxes contain the Amazon Seller inventories of myself and Katie.  They're going to find homes in the basement.  The gray filebox is AHG stuff which needs to be re-organized before the year starts.

 ~3~
And here's the mess in-between:  Mom's paintings that need to be hung downstairs.  There's a bunch more down there waiting to go on the walls.  It would be nice to have that done in time for the 4th anniversary of her death next week.  I wish she were here to help---we always managed to get junk like this sorted out much faster when we were together!  Love you, Mom!

Hiding behind the painting are a zillion newly emptied hanging files which need to be re-used or put away.  And then there are Teacher's Manuals to replace the ones already on the desk next to the computer.

~4~
Speaking of Mom...Her 50th college reunion would have been this year, and the class got together to buy this little statue for the university.  They call it "Hope".  It was dedicated to members of the faculty and the class, one of whom is my mother.  She was very much loved by her friends.  And her family.  I'm so proud of her.

~5~
There's still a lot of mess here, but I did get a lot done yesterday!  I swear, I did!  Most of it was intellectual in that I had a long conversation with a friend and made decisions about which books to use this year.  We're going to follow Mother of Divine Grace for the most part, this year, with the exception of science and math.  So, that allowed me to rearrange the mess somewhat, now that that I know what has to go where.

~6~
I'm still enjoying my Supreme 90 workout.  I haven't finished all 10 workouts yet since I had the week off for summer camp.  I have 2 more, but I've really "enjoyed" every one.  I also won't do them 6 days a week as they recommend.  My rules are:  at least 2 workouts in a row, and no more than one day off between workouts.  That works out to 5 days per week and is very liveable for me. 

~7~
Gotta run get some of this mess cleared out!  We're going to have fun with friends this afternoon and the painters will be here next week to paint inside.  This has to be all cleaned up and put away by Monday!

~~~~
Are you cleaning up messes before summer ends?
Have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I appreciated your comment over at Modern Mrs. Darcy. Looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog.

    Organizing piles of papers and home school stuff is exactly what I'm doing today!! Oh dread!

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to follow your blog, but for some reason I am not able to click on that option. Probably a problem on my end. I haven't been able to see my own followers for a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing !!! My house is definately in that "it's going to get worse before it gets better" re organizatyion mode and I am inspired to know I am not alone. Happy sorting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adriana & Cynthia, Thanks for stopping by!

    Adriana, evidently they want you to use Google Friend Connect these days for following. I don't know when they disappeared, but I put the options to subcribe by email or in a reader back on the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...