Friday, July 8, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

Hop on over to Jenn's for more Quick Takes!


1.
Pete and I rocked the painting Wednesday in the basement!  With another hand wielding a paintbrush, or moving furniture, or taping, we went twice as fast.  I think I painted for 9 hours that day!  And we're down to the end----just 3 doors and the surrounding trim.  I'm hoping to knock that out today and get all the furniture back in place.

2.
The more you do, the more there is to do, isn't there?  Looking at the nice clean walls, makes me think we can't really live with my mom's hutch (china cabinet?) in the condition it's in.  It's down there because it'll be Katie's when she gets her own place.  Mom had painted it white, and then it ended up in storage for a decade, so it's all discolored and stained.  Gross.  Definitely needs a new paint job!

3.
When I talked to Katie the other day, she asked about the possibility of slipcovering the sofa.  I must admit I'd been thinking the same thing.  It's 20 years old, and the cushions are in good condition, but it's blue and pink country gingham.  'Nuff said.

4.
I don't know when those 2 things will happen, or who will do them.  For now, I'm focusing on painting and moving things back to where they belong (or to their new homes), then homeschooling, summer camp, AHG, starting school in August.  Lots coming up in the last month of summer and I may be just about done with all the home improvements for a while.

5.
Tonight is Trivia Night at Starbucks.  We've been going all summer and having a blast.  A couple of weeks ago we won (!!!) with just 4 adults, by getting nearly every answer correct.  I think we missed only one.  Last week was practically the opposite; we got a lot wrong.  But then, so did everyone else.  It was a stumper of a night.  Win Big or Lose Big, it's still fun.

6.
Bright and early tomorrow I get to drive up to the Boy Scout Reservation to pick up a carload of boys from Summer Camp.  That'll be fun.   Yeah...not really.  I don't know what possessed me to volunteer, unless it was years of guilt of having small children and being unable to do my driving duty.  Maybe I just didn't volunteer because it's one of those activities that just makes me uncomfortable on all sorts of levels.

7.
The Trash Man and the Recycle Man just came and took all our trash!  Woot!  I know, that sounds silly, but with all this home rearranging, organizing, and cleaning, we've really produced a lot of trash!  I had no idea I was working that hard!  Including the carload of Goodwill stuff that went, and all the trash still in the garage that we didn't have room for today, we really have been Cleaning House!  It's a good feeling.

Got any fun plans for the weekend?  Trivia?  Driving?  Painting?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to one day have a home I could work on. Good luck with it!

    Also: The more you do, the more there is to do, isn't there? - Yes. Yes. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome!! you're really coming along on that basement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...