Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Book Meme

I've seen this meme at several places, and since I have Summer Brain, I thought it would be a fun idea for a post. As it turns out, it's taxing my summer brain!

1.What author do you own the most books by?

As I sit here and look at the shelves, I think it's a toss-up between Hemingway, Faulkner, Henry James, P.G. Wodehouse, and Grahame Green.

2. What book do you own the most copies of?

That's another toss-up between The Bible and Lord of the Rings.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?

No, because I read somewhere that it is actually okay.

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

That would have to be Captain Wentworth from Persuasion.

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?

Probably
The Lord of the Rings, next would be the Little House series.

6. Favorite book as a ten year old? Anything in the Little House series

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?

No idea, because I try not to read garbage, and I block traumatic experiences from my mind. Dh or TMax could probably tell you, though! They remember better than I do.

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?

A Girl of the Limberlost? Maybe I can't remember the best or the worst because I'm having enough trouble getting my brain through today, let alone what I've read in the past 12 months! That's the best one I've read recently.

9.If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church so people would know a). their own faith, or b). what the Catholic Church really believes, as opposed to what they've been taught.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?

There are a few movies that I think are better than the books, but for the most part, I don't want to see books I love made into movies.


11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

Outside of my college economics classes, it was probably a book I didn't bother to finish!

12. What is your favorite book?

That's too hard to choose---Lord of the Rings, A Girl of the Limberlost, Little Women...


13. What is your favorite play? That I've seen or read? I haven't seen enough. Of those I've read....A Man for All Seasons.

14. Poem? Hmmm, much to dh's dismay, I'm not a big poetry fan. I've enjoyed lots of the ones that the kids (and I) have memorized for school over the years. How about Lake Isle of Innisfree by Yeats? Or Henry's speech before the battle of Agincourt in Shakespeare's Henry V.

15. Essay? Who reads essays?

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?

I'd probably have to say Stephanie Meyer, though I haven't read the books (yet).

17. What is your desert island book?

Hmmm, LoTR is long enough to read and re-read, with lots of action.


18. And . . . what are you reading right now?

The Life of St. Faustina and
The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...