Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


~~~1~~~

You know, I wake up on Fridays, exhausted from Thursday's swim meet----and I don't know why that is since all I did was sit around for 4 hours, judging for half that time----and it takes me a good 45 mins. or so to realize that it's Friday and I should have a post up. You should see all the moms stagger up to the pool, coffee in hand, on Fridays to see their kids collect their ribbons.

~~~2~~~

My Google Reader still isn't working. Like a dope, I randomly installed a plug-in for blogger, and that's when it stopped working. I've uninstalled it, but no luck. However, I did discover that the "Next" button on my Firefox toolbar still works and I can go through my reader that way. The problem with that is that when I'm busy, I prefer to leave some blogs for later (the ones with more text!)

~~~3~~~

I'm sure it was bound to happen sooner or later, but my son Hitch, who has too much time on his hands this summer (any IRL friends have a job available?), has started a blog. Oh, and he's been on Twitter for a week or so, too. It's a movie review blog, which is entirely appropriate for him. He's evidently been watching movies on You Tube that I've never seen nor heard of. So, if you're a serious cinephile (wait, is that even a real word??), you might check out his Notes on Movies.
And don't miss the 15 Best Movies ever made.

~~~4~~~

This is a beautiful post about God's gift of children and how He chooses the right children for us. The children who will change us and bring us, hopefully, closer to Him. Every one of my 7 children has changed me in new and unexpected ways, even the one I lost to miscarriage. I can't imagine my life without all these wonderful people in it---people who make me laugh, and cry, and examine who I am and where I came from. How did I ever get so lucky?

~~~5~~~

I started a new pair of socks the other day. I'm about half-way through the ribbing on the first one and I'm about to rip it all out. I'm not sure if it's the stretchy sock yarn, the ugly colorway, or the blasted knitting tbl (through the back loop), but I'm NOT having fun. I think I'll start over with just a plain sock pattern and see if it gets any better.

~~~6~~~

Did I mention last week that we're buying a third of a cow? A grass-fed, hormone-free cow? It's going to be ready for pickup in a little less than 2 weeks. We're going to have to make some room in the freezer!

~~~7~~~

KT and Hitch seem to be holding a yard sale tomorrow. We've decluttered, and dragged everything out to the garage where it has been neatly organized and tagged. I hope they have a good turnout and make some money since this is what they're doing in absence of real summer jobs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stop by Jen's for more Quick Takes and
have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. "in absence of real summer jobs"

    hahaha

    what happens when you run out of stuff that you WANT to sell?


    I'm thrilled about my "inheritance", but it's overwhelming and we're busting at the seams of this house as it is...so most of this is going to be given away.

    I've heard tell there's an entire box of yarn in there too somewhere...

    you wanna trust me with a mailing address? I'll send you some stuff.

    this.mightymom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, I forgot to answer your question.

    My grandmother died 4 years ago. Grandaddy died 2 years ago...the aunts and uncle have JUST NOW gotten their house emptied, fixed up and placed on the market. This pile of boxes is my inheritance, I'm the only one of her 5 kids and 6 grandkids who sews/quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...