Monday, January 14, 2013

January Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Rainy, rainy, rainy.  It has been dreary, though exceptionally warm, for days.

I am thinking...
About what a nice weekend it was.  It started a little sleepless and crazy with 5 teen boys over for a sleepover on Friday.  We were up late and up early, and busy all day taking down Christmas tress and decorations.  At some point on Saturday I just decided to quit singing in the church choir.  I had missed rehearsal on Wednesday because it was such a long day and I was exhausted, but it felt really good to stay home with my family.  And then I decided I wanted to sit with them at Mass, so I just sent an email to the director Sunday a.m. and took a Leave of Absence of indeterminate length.  It was totally wonderful to sit there with my family and pray!  There are too many things weighing me down these days, and that was just about the only thing I could give up without affecting the organization too much.  The director says I'm needed, but I don't think so.

I am thankful...
That the director was kind about it and very understanding.

From the school table...
Lots of studying planned between now and the end of the year.  No more opportunities to slack off.

In the kitchen...
Paleo, paleo, paleo.

I am wearing...
Jeans, a white tee, and my cheery, red, swing cardigan.

I am knitting...
Yes!  I am!  I started a pair of Susie's Reading Mitts last night.  I've been anxious to make these since last winter and started them last night during Downton Abbey.  Two things though:  I don't know if it will be cold enough to need them this winter, and even when it is, my hands don't usually get cold anymore!  (I think that means my thyroid woke up?!)

I am going...
To stay home as much as possible.  Yay!

I am reading...
Since I'm limiting computer/phone use, I managed to finish a book and start a new one this weekend.  (And start those mitts!)  So far, I'm having a lot of fun with I Want it Now!  I just hope it doesn't deteriorate into true confessions of whom the actress slept with after filming Willy Wonka.

I am hoping and praying...
For lots of people:  Jen Fulwiler, Simeon, Dominic Pio, Fulton Poppe, and my dear friend Barbara.

I am looking forward to...
A peaceful week, getting the sugar out of my system.

Around the house...
The Christmas things are almost gone----I forgot the Advent calendar, pinecone swag, and Christmas cards which are all on the big bay window in the kitchen---where we will see them daily---where I obviously never look.

One of my favorite things...
Clean spaces.  There are a lot of those now that the Christmas decorations are gone.  I also cleaned off 3 hotspots in the kitchen that get junky very quickly.  And, would you believe?  They've stayed clean for a week!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Just AHG stuff this week.  The usual afterschool stuff for boys, and AHG for me and Meg.  No choir.  That makes me feel so good that there are now TWO nights of the week when we're all home!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Pip's Settlers of Catan birthday "cake".  Got the idea from Jessica at ShowerofRoses.blogspot.com.
Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...