Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October Daybook


FOR TODAY...
Outside my window...It's ridiculously warm---about 70 degrees this a.m.  But the sky is overcast and it's starting to drizzle.  I think the word of the day is "lowering".

I am thinking...
about Christmas.  Can I get it all done before Advent, so as to enjoy the season?

I am thankful for...
the simple pleasures in life.  Hugs from my children, especially the ones I don't see much of during the day; a 5-minute surprise visit from my husband in the middle of the day; unseasonably warm weather.
 
From the learning rooms kitchen table...The usual, but this week in religion we're focussing on All Hallows Eve:  where it came from and how we can remember importance of praying for the dead before we go trick-or-treating and when we return.

From the kitchen...
No specialties on the menu this week.  Just simple meals, but we're looking forward to making soul cakes on Saturday for the homeschool All Saints Party.  We're going to use Barbara's recipe, because they're the best doughnuts I've ever made!

I am wearing...
Brown.  Capris.  Tee. Shoes.  Unusual for me not to have some color on.

I am creating...Sweaters, socks, hats.  Still. (Still).

I am going...
To stay home today until time to pick up TMax, stopping to get a new knitting needle on the way, just like last week.  I'm going to enjoy NOT having to take the young 'uns to play rehearsal today!

I am reading...Voyager.  The 3rd volume in the Outlander series.  What a love story! The Fiery Cross:  The 5th volume in the Outlander series!  A Breath of Snow and Ashes: The 6th volume in the Outlander series.  (one more after this!)

I am hoping and praying...for healing for lots of people with cancer, especially this little boy.  And for my brother's voice to return. He said on FB that people who don't know about his tumor think that he has throat cancer from years of smoking.  Well, he never smoked, and he doesn't sound like that because we know how that sounds, sadly.  I'm still not sure what else you might think he has if you didn't know his vocal chord was paralyzed.  He's hoarse and breathless.

I am hearing...
Silence.  Does that mean my kids are working diligently?  Nah.  Probably not, just trying not to draw attention to the fact that they're not working!

Around the house...
I have a strong desire to go through my house methodically to clean and de-clutter and reorganize.  I think that means that I have more energy than I have had in recent months!  This is why I want Christmas gifts out of the way before Advent, so I can clean! I like using Lent and Advent, the penitential seasons, for deep-cleaning the house.

One of my favorite things...
Talking with my kids about stuff.

few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir, AHG, reading, knitting. That's the standard, but I'm looking forward to going to Mass and a little adoration while the kids are at rehearsal on Thursday. The same as usual, with a little Halloween and All Saints thrown in.  And, joy of joys, my little girl is coming home from college for a couple of days for part of her fall break!!  Too bad Hitch won't be coming with her; he's going to the Georgia-Florida game.


A Picture thought I'm sharing:

Tom's piano teacher took him and a few other students to a concert where they got to meet the star.
Tom with pianist/composer Jim Brickman

Have a beautiful, October day!
Sara

1 comment:

  1. oh you tell TMax I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! like confession level jealous.
    :-((


    I like to have all my gifts done by Thanksgiving so I can relax and enjoy Advent rather than being frantic through it. sadly for the first time in about 5 years I may not be done this year....but MAYBE I will.

    hoarse and breathless? just tell people he's working on his Marilyn Monroe impersonation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...