Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY...
Outside my window...Still dark.  Chilly temps at night, now.  It's what we like to call "great sleeping weather."


I am thinking...About American Heritage Girls board meeting tomorrow night.  AHG is what drives me out of bed most mornings.  That's not my favorite way to wake up, but it's a huge improvement over the back pain that used to have me near tears in the mornings!


I am thankful for...Audio books, ipods, knitting...all those things that make my daily drive bearable and productive.


From the learning rooms...The usual:  math, religion, science, geography.  But there is sadly a large pile of tests that need to be entered into the computer!


From the kitchen...Looks like a peach pie this afternoon with the peaches that no one wants to eat.  They weren't a great batch, a little late in the season, I guess.  I hope the pie is better.  I'll probably be the one who eats it---I'm not sure if anyone else actually likes peach pie!


I am wearing...Workout clothes (yay, me!), including my Mary Lou's Angels t-shirt that we had made for the walk for ALS a couple of years ago.  It has a beloved picture of my mom's angel painting on it.  


I am creating...Sweaters, socks, hats.


I am going...to choir tonight.  I think it's a quiet day today!


I am reading...Voyager.  The 3rd volume in the Outlander series.  What a love story!


I am hoping...That the Lord will answer some prayers that I have, especially regarding AHG.


I am hearing...Jenn Fulwiler talking about her conversion to pro-life.


Around the house...Never ending laundry and clutter patrol.


One of my favorite things...my husband.  And peach pie.


A
few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir, AHG, reading, knitting.  I think that should just be a standard response.  Nothing new cropping up this week.




More Daybooks here:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ 

4 comments:

  1. Peach pie? Sounds good to me. Joining you in prayer for AHG. Sounds like a very worthwhile thing you’re involved in.

    I'm in my 16th year of homeschooling as well! But I only have this year and next year to go. I can't imagine how different life will be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a piece of that pie for breakfast if there's any left. ;-)
    Hey, thanks for the tip for plantar fasciitis -- I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a theme here--I am also in my siteenth year of hs'ing, though I took a 2 year break to teach school where our our youngest one went.

    Peach pie is my fave. YUM!

    Found your blog thru Daybook. I can realate to the back pain that brings you to tears in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much back pain it takes my good spelling cells away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...