Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day Off!

When you're a SAHM, Home-Schooling mom, Car-Pool Driving Mom, or Just a Mom, do you ever really have a day off?

Ahem.  That would be No.  Unless you take the time for yourself.

I was going to write a post about how offended I was recently when another mother said she doesn't have as much time as someone like me because she "has a full-time job".  Now, this woman gets off work at 2:30 p.m. and picks up her 2 children from school.

At 2:30, I'm still homeschooling my kids most of the time.  Hurrying to finish so I can go pick up another from school, and then.....Oh, you know the drill.

My point is that if you are a homeschooling mother, you have a full time job.  Don't ever let anyone tell you differently!  Even if its just a couple of small children with easy, elementary school subjects, you're still planning and executing lessons for them.  In addition to that, you're staying in your house making messes that wouldn't happen if you shuffled the kids out the door onto the bus in the a.m.

I thought life would be so much easier with yet another child out of the house and into a high school, so I just have the 2 at home.  It's not easier---although maybe slightly less complicated in terms of the one-room schoolhouse----because we still do school the same amount of time.  I've added 2 hours of driving to and from high school.  And I've added a volunteer commitment that takes a great deal of time.

So, no.  I don't have any more time than anyone else just because I stay home.  I was determined to get a lot of knitting and reading done today, but that's not going to happen because we're off to the Big Box Hardware store to by supplies to build a rabbit hutch, something we don't normally have time for!

Enjoy your day off---(if you have one.  TMax did have to go to school today!)---Take a little time for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. School here, even in Columbus, Ohio. Catholic schools don't get the day off, so we're schooling today. We might go to the country fair on Friday, so working ahead. Good luck with that rabbit hutch. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...