Fridays. So much pressure.
It's an "easy" day in school---fewer subjects for the kids so that we have time to go do things with the homeschool group, or doctor's appts. But since there is less going on with the homeschool group, I can do soooo many other things....
Like read decorating blogs. Fun!
Go thrifting. More fun!
Work on a project. Even more fun!
And if you START the day by reading decorating blogs, you're even more inspired to do those other things.
2. Don't know what's up with blogger this morning. It's not working properly. Or is it my keyboard? My 'enter' key isn't working to take me to a new line. Weird.
3. We're praying a novena for the Holy Father, Pope Benedict, this week since his birthday is coming up and he's going through so much turmoil these days. Won't you join us? He needs our prayers!
PRAYER FOR POPE BENEDICT XVI
Lord, source of eternal life and truth, give to your shepherd, Benedict, a spirit of courage and right judgment, a spirit of knowledge and love. By governing with fidelity those entrusted to his care, may he, as successor to the Apostle Peter and Vicar of Christ, build your Church into a sacrament of unity, love and peace for all the world. Amen.
V/ Let us pray for Benedict, the pope. R/ May the Lord preserve him,
give him a long life, make him blessed upon the earth, and not hand him over to the power of his enemies.
V/ May your hand be upon your holy servant.
And upon your son, whom you have anointed.
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory Be.
4. TMax had a great time at Eagle camp and got his photography merit badge. Since then, he's been figuring out our camera, which admittedly is not a great one. Here are some of his pics:
Any guesses on what those are? The first one is easy. The 2nd and 3rd, not so much.
5. We're getting a little taste of the end of the school year! TMax finished one of his books this week, and they're going to wrap up a few more next week, I think. We'll still have the tough stuff to keep us busy for a while longer, but it feels so good to finish up and check off those subjects!
6. I've been watching Glee on Hulu.com lately. It's hard to watch shows that come on at 9 p.m. because we're usually praying and putting kids to bed then, so I missed all last season except for the first one. I love it because it's funny and all about singing, but I'm disturbed by how raunchy it can get. Kids watch this show? Not mine.
I know some of you will totally agree with me and some will say that it's not that bad. Well, I'd just rather err on the side of caution when it comes to meeting St. Peter at the Pearly Gates and he asks me why I let my kids do certain things.
7. Thank goodness this is no. 7, because the whacked-out blogger is making me crazy.
I'm going to go workout, educate my children, make a run to JoAnn's for First Communion veil supplies, so I can take the kids to the park with the other homeschoolers after lunch.
Have a Blessed Friday!