Monday, November 30, 2009

Paperback Wreath


I saw this over at Living with Lindsay and just loved it, so I picked up a crappy paperback at the library book sale to make it with.



I tried to pick a book I would enjoy reading before I ripped it up, but it was just the dumbest book I've seen in a long time.  I won't even tell you what it was in case you're a fan of the author.  She certainly has a lot of books out there!



Little Princess helped by rolling pages and folding the ends to prepare them for the hot glue.  After a while I was letting her use the glue gun because I was tired of burning my own fingers.



Just kidding!

I was burning my fingers while attaching the pages to the wreath until I started using a pencil as Lindsay recommends.  LP did a great job and didn't burn herself.




The wreath now hangs in the library which I think is a very appropriate location.

5 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try that too! Yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too read Lindsay's idea on my google reader (wink) while I was away. You did a GREAT job on this wreath Sara, terrific. Congratulations too to your daughter on running her marathon. I want to do that someday. :) maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you heathen!

    tearing up a perfectly good book like that!


    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...