Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Finally September!

August is no longer a very happy month for me. The only good thing is my wedding anniversary on the 2nd. Quickly followed by the anniversary of my mom's death on the 4th. Then my birthday on the 10th (I'm finally tired of getting older!), and then my children begin to leave home for school. So far, just one, but next August it will be 2!

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted on my blog! I've been missing it, but things have been crazy around here. In addition to the normal craziness of homeschooling and caring for a large-ish family, I had to prepare for that dreaded co-op class on Shell Identification.

When Friday finally came, I was at peace because I knew I couldn't come up with anymore ideas or do any more research and I just had to go with what I had. I don't know about the other boys in the class, but TMax enjoyed it and said it was fun and educational. He's such a sweetheart! Now I get to give the same lesson to the girls next Friday and I don't need to prepare. I will, however, have to do some prep (with help this time!) on Ocean Habitats. Could that topic be any bigger for a 1.5 hour class?????

After class we had to hit Costco for some much-needed food to feed the in-laws who arrived around 6 p.m. We had a nice, relaxing weekend with the grandparents whom the children haven't seen in a long while. Since Christmas? I can't believe it has been that long.

So, I really had time to blog this weekend, but I didn't. I don't have time today, but I am. As it turns out, we should have had school yesterday since it was on the schedule, but I didn't' know when I made the schedule that we'd have company or that KT would be here for the Labor Day weekend. We have to take her back in a couple of hours and that will seriously cut into our school time! But we'll get to listen to the grand finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

It has been wonderful having my sweet girl home from school for 3 days---even though we hadn't had a chance to miss her yet! jk. We miss her always, but we manage to stuff it down deep and not think about it until she's back.

The big news is that my sister got married yesterday! I was very sad that I couldn't be there with her, and neither could my brother. I heard from my niece from her first marriage that it was a beautiful day and all the guests were well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...