Saturday, September 13, 2008

Closet Cleaning!

I've discovered that the internet has a lot to offer---both good and bad. Blog reading, while rather addictive, can be quite inspirational. The trick is getting enough of the good information that improves your life and not waste so much time that you never advance the ball! I won't tell you where I am.

The other day, Fawndear cleaned out her closet. I'm all about simplicity and making my life simpler, and by default, neater! I'm so much more pleasant when things are neat and uncluttered, but in some places you get used to a certain amount of mess.

So I went to the blog of Fawndear's sister, Trenadoll, and got the instructions for getting rid of 50% of my clothes. Did I really need instructions for that, you ask? No, but I needed the inspiration!

So here are the before pics of my half of the closet:



















And here are the after pics.






I didn't get rid of quite 50% because I just cleaned out my closet in January, but I tried. I counted my summer tops and tried really hard to find half to get rid of. I also did my dresser drawers, but I shan't bore you with more pictures of my wardrobe!


When I cleaned in January, I didn't work hard at getting rid of things, but I did turn all the hangers around backwards. When I wore an item, I could turn the hanger back around the normal way. That way, at the end of the year, I know what has not been worn in a year. I think I'll do the same thing now and see what it looks like in January!

Getting rid of a bunch of shoes made room for most of them on the shoe rack hanging on the back of the door, so the floor is much cleaner. It is so much easier, mentally, to walk in there now.

And you know what? It didn't take over my day! I ran upstairs and did a drawer or a section while the kids were busy at their schoolwork, and ran back down if they needed me. I just did that a few times in the morning and it was done. So was school. And my workout! Lol!

That's all for now....I hope you're a little inspired to simplify. It is very freeing! I'm off to bake cookies w/ the Little Princess and then head out for the Parish Picnic. I'll be back later, if I'm not dead of heat stroke. With another post. But you know, I'm so pathetic sometimes that I've forgotten what that was going to be about! So maybe I won't be back after all! Keep checking! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, I'll attempt the closet cleaning while my husband is away. But it's your fault if I get lost in there and never come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you actually did a lot better than me. I got rid of half my clothes but I didn't clean up the mess on the floor or stacked in boxes.
    So, how's this, I inspire you, and then you inspire me? I'll have to finish the closet this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration to revisit the clothing clutter in our home!!

    Your closet looks great. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and one more thing, I *LOVE* that pink skirt of yours in that bottom picture! It's very cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...