Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quiet Sunday

I love quiet Sundays that don't involve a lot of running around! We went to the noon Mass today and had a quick lunch at Taco Bell because the boys had altar server training this afternoon. I've been relaxing, reading, and playing on the computer. I just listened to a podcast on Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb life. I don't normally read him, but I wanted to hear Mark Sisson from Mark's Daily Apple (on my sidebar). I love him and everything he has to say about diet and exercise.

Yesterday we had a little fun. We had nothing planned, except the usual Saturday chores and confession, and the Pipster remembered from when we were searching for things to do with the grandparents that the High Museum is free on First Saturdays. So after confession and Krispy Kremes we dragged everyone to the museum. Somewhat against the wills of the teenagers. Hitch was very pleased that we were going to an art museum as opposed to a history museum. I don't see the difference, but, whatever. As long as the children enjoy museums, I'm happy.

The High has been having rotating exhibits from the Louvre and we haven't seen any because admission for our beautiful, slightly large, family is so steep and we had no idea they had free days. This was the last weekend of the Louvre and Ancient World exhibit. It was excellent! We all, yes, ALL, really enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure we'll make plans to go back every couple of months because every month might be too much, but there was so much more to see in the regular exhibits. We zoomed through a few more rooms, but left when little people were having meltdowns fainting from hunger.

This is a picture of one of the largest pieces, and it ranks right up there in awesomeness with the statue of Napolean dressed as Caesar. Anyway, this is the river god, Tiber, and next to him are the twin founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus, and their adopted she-wolf mother. It's really specatular. I'm so glad we made it before it closed. Sadly, KT wasn't with us. She wanted to go, too, but was back at school this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...