Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daybook

MY DAYBOOK

Outside my window...Darkness.  The last couple of nights have been a little cooler; we even turned off the A/C last night, not that it got below 81 in our bedroom!  It still feels very summery, but all our activities say:  Fall!


I am thinking...about hope and fear.  How unnecessary the latter is (but we do it anyway), and how indispensable the former is.  


I am thankful for...blogging time this morning!  We forgot that this is Tom's day to go in to school an hour late, so the littles are sleeping in.  Query:  why do they have a late start instead of early dismissal like the public schools?


From the learning rooms...Would you believe that with only 2 students, we still don't get everything done in a day?  And the car has become a Learning Room, too, for Pip at least.  Meg sleeps most of the time.  We've been listening to audiobooks from My Audio School.  So far we have heard A Little Princess and Around the World in 80 Days, both of which Pip and I really enjoyed.  I think we're going with Robinson Crusoe next. First we're going to listen to the one-syllable version to make sure they'll comprehend it, and maybe capture Meg's attention!  This should be entertaining.  The unfortunate side of all this book listening is that Tom doesn't get to hear the whole story!


From the kitchen...Our first attempt at making beef jerky with our dehydrator that I bought at a yardsale last summer and our grassfed beef.  Pip and I are using the fajita strips that we have marinated in a teriyaki-style sauce.  We'll see how he likes it.


I am wearing...khaki capris and my favorite aqua shirt because it's a color that makes me happy.  Or at least it doesn't bring me down further.


I am creating...A custom knit sweater for Pipster.  It's my first KAL (knit-along), so I wanted to try it, but it's crazy since I have the sweater I started for myself, the dress in the car (does that count?), and gauntlets that I promised to Princess for her halloween costume. 


That's the same from last week.  The update is that the KAL is going well, but I haven't worked on my sweater at all in order to keep up.  It seems to be a fast knit, so I hope I'll get to those gauntlets soon!


I am going...back to regular choir rehearsals this week.  I love being home, but I love singing, too.  And it's good for me to see other people.

I am reading...An enchanting book called What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause.  A thrill a minute, let me tell you. (Still.  5 mins. per night.)



Yesterday I finished Mockingjay.  I don't think it took more than two days and I was able to knit while reading, which is awesome!  It was good, although Tom wasn't happy with it.  I don't think it could have had a happy ending, so I was pretty pleased with it.


I am hearing...The shower and children getting their breakfast.  Meg was strumming the guitar for a few minutes.

Around the house...Knitting needles everywhere.  Be careful where you sit! New cans of spray paint for 2 desks, picture frames, and a mirror!


One of my favorite things...quiet mornings, coffee, and inspiring women.


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir, AHG, shopping for a small pet, like a rabbit.  Maybe.  Anyone care to weigh in?  Rabbit?  Hamster?  Guinea Pig?



A picture thought I'm sharing...
Praying that I'll have enough yarn since I'm using stash yarn.  It's a delicate operation of designing and knitting.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday. I need a knit-along for the car too. I'm thinking about the skirt Sarah at More than Enough linked to. It looks cute, if I could get it long enough for Faith.

    I vote gerbil. They don't bite (or stink).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...