Thursday, July 2, 2009

Classy Clutter

KT and I had a fun Saturday---although you may ask why I'm waiting until Thursday to blog about it---we were antiquing, looking for furnishings for her new apartment at school. Turns out the places she wanted to go were waaaaayyyy out of our league. Huge furniture and equally huge prices. But the place I thought she wanted to go was just about perfect!

It's called A Classy Clutter and is full of just that. We've driven past this little "hole in the wall" for years, with all the clutter outdoors to attract attention, but just never made the stop.

I can't even tell you how much fun we had in there! I seriously regretted never taking my mother when she was in town. She would have loved it and found many beautiful things to paint!

We bought a couple of things the first time, yes, the first time, and then we went back after hitting a couple of other places. Even though we went back for 2 specific items, I think we bought a couple more on a whim! All the prices were great.

This blue hobnailed vase was something my DD couldn't do without.


Does anyone collect McCoy pottery? They had lots of that at very reasonable prices. I fell in love with these little turquoise planters and bought the large one on our first stop. I got the other when we went back!


KT was desperate to have this McCoy cookie jar. He's cute, but, frankly, I think it's a fake. His details are not as sharp as those I saw in pictures on the internets. The other owls all had glossy finishes. And the seams on the sides are just too obvious. I think McCoy has higher standards than that. But he's cute and it was a price I was willing to pay, real or not.


And he makes want to get a lollipop whenever I see him. Maybe we should fill him with tootsie-pops instead of cookies?

Oh, and I forgot to take pictures of the other stuff---a little cottage-style coffee table for KT and a antique mirror in a perfectly distressed white frame.

They've already sent me an email for 4th of July with pictures of enticing new items! I can't wait to go back. Wanna join me?

3 comments:

  1. Where is it? Roswell? My mom and my aunts favorite place is A Classy Flea out in Marietta. I say let's go when we get back from NOLA. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeto stuff!!! BTW, how many licks DID it take to get to the center of that Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...