Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Almost Blog Silence

I don't know what's up with me these days. I just have nothing to bore you with talk about. Maybe it's that I'm staying pretty busy, trying to keep up with schoolwork. We're trying really hard to dot our i's and cross our t's, but it's still hard. The sun and flowers beckon outdoors when we're not too sick to enjoy it!

My little crew, TMax, Pipster, and the Princess, have been in varying stages of unwell with some version of Hitch's virus. A little fever here and there, a lot of congestion, a bit of coughing....just enough to keep us indoors too much and prevent them from doing a full day's work.

I did take advantage of TMax's sickday on Monday to make a skirt for myself while the others worked at the table. It went together pretty quickly and I think I did a great job on it. The kids are proud of me and they love it and can't wait for me to wear it! Now I'll have to keep my eyes open for some more fabric to make a couple more of these. It's a very flattering style for me---knee length and flared. It "twirls" very nicely and LP likes to see me spin (and get dizzy!).

Keeping up with my Lenten cleaning is also keeping me somewhat busy. I'm finding it hard to find the time every day because some rooms take a lot of time! I think we're embarking on the playroom today! I did a (very) little of it yesterday, but the kids will have to help me go through all the toys and games for giving and throwing away.

This is also a difficult week in that it is the last week before Hitch's school play and he has rehearsal every night until 8 p.m. Madden still has to be picked up at the usual time and then someone has to go back for Hitch. It's a lot of driving. Thank heaven Madden's track meet for today was canceled and he won't need to be picked up at 10 p.m.! Hitch's dress rehearsal is Thursday and then there are two performances Friday and Saturday. Dh or I have to be there to sell tickets for each performance, including Thursday's. I think we're each going to see the show on different nights.

But today is The Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord and I'm determined to squeeze in a little celebration---Mass and a special dessert for everyone else to enjoy while I'm at choir rehearsal. I guess it's appropriate that yesterday I talked to the kids about answering the summons like monks do. And Our Blessed Mother!


Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...