1. It's Saturday here. Yesterday I was at my grandmother's funeral.
2. We've driven halfway across the country with a sick child who has actually been too sick to attend any family functions and stayed in a strange house, or hotel, alone. He's 17, don't worry!
3. Today we're spending some time with my dad. Leaving Hitch in the bonus room at my sister's where he can use his computer or the wide screen tv. 200 DVDs to choose from and cable.
4. Leaving early tomorrow for home. Praise the Lord! But we have put so many miles on the car in the past few days.
5. Wondering who will be sick next? Will we leave this influenza-like illness in our wake? Will we all get it from being in the car with him 12 hours a day?
6. I didn't get any of the things done over spring break that I wanted to do! I go home to a heavy homeschooling schedule and a messy house. I guess it's just like this week never happened.
7. I'm not terribly sad about Grandmother. She was 95 and had been ready to leave this world for several years. She was in pretty good health until the end and had just a few bad weeks that started with a heart attack last month. The hardest part of it all was that it was an almost identical repeat of Mom's funeral a year and a half ago. Same funeral home, same viewing room, same church, same luncheon, same people. We didn't really like having to re-live one of the worst times in our lives.
I can't wait to be home!