Thursday, May 15, 2014

Repainting Kitchen Cabinets


Raise your hand if you have these MDF/laminate cabinets in your kitchen and you hate them? I wouldn't mind them if they didn't randomly yellow with age, and the laminate would stay attached.  But they do, and it doesn't.


That drawer got the best of me one day. But I couldn't leave it like that with family coming for graduation! This door was in the next worst shape, so I just took the laminate off both of them.



And repainted them both with Annie Sloan's Old White chalk paint. (pssst...that's why I ran out here!)
The drawer matches perfectly.

The door does not. Go figure.
I put clear wax on them, and no one who visits will notice, unless they read my blog. I had already painted the island Versaille Green a while back.  



Next up: the kitchen table which my sweet Katie painted green for me when she was here. And then left the waxing to me. I thought I was going to die. I'll show you soon!

Does anyone else go on a painting and decorating jag with visitors are coming? Or is it just me?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's not just you. I've known a lot of friends who've made a quick alteration in their abodes whenever we're having poker Fridays, a small house party or any other occasion. Haha! I think rather than it being about showing off, it's about showing the owner's personality and artistic nature, which prompts them to do such feats. Even I have to admit that I also do it. Hahaha! Anyway, you're doing an amazing job on the painting. I'm liking the new colors of the cabinets, which I think suits the season.

    Dean Ford @ JTC Coatings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...