Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Graduation Rambles

::Weekly Rambles::


What’s really on my mind and heart?
The high school graduation of my 4th child and everything that implies is what is on my heart these days. There is a great deal of pride in his accomplishments of the past four years; I'm excited about the next phase of his life; I'm feeling the impending ache of missing him and the other 3 who went before him; I'm feeling the pressure of cramming a lot of New & Improved Parenting into the next 6 years; and kind of at the bottom is the question of what is the next phase of life for me when the 6 years have run their course. It's a lot to think about and ponder in my heart!

What am I thankful for?
I am thankful for the family members who went out of their way to be with us for this momentous occasion. It was wonderful to be surrounded by people we love so much.

What’s going on in school?
It's the last week for Meg and Pippo. Pretty much just 2 days of exams for Meg, but she did the math and figured out that neither failing nor getting perfect scores on her exams will have much impact on her grades, so she's pretty much home free. Pip, on the other hand, has a lot of studying to do along with several drama rehearsals before he is finally finished with his 2 performances of Fiddler on the Roof on Saturday.

What’s cooking?
Cleaning out the fridge after cooking lots of food last week. We still have a ton of pulled pork---which no one is complaining about!

What’s on the needles?
A better question is What's OFF the needles? That would be the Color Affection, finally. I cast off an inch early because I was running out of the navy yarn, which was a good call since I finished with only a couple of yards left! Finished photos later in the week after blocking.

What’s special about this week?
Last week of school. Last drama performance. AHG Court of Honor where Meg moves up to Pioneers---She is so excited about that!

What am I reading?
My Life in France by Julia Child and Paul Prudhomme. 

What am I praying about?
  • the kidnapped Nigerian girls
  • the persecution of Christians all over the world
  • our Priests & deacons
  • for Eric and Elizabeth

What’s on my ipod?/
It's about to be filled with audio books for summer read-alouds! Do you have any suggestions for books that Meg, Pip, and I will all enjoy?

What projects are happening at home?
I have a few sewing projects I'd like to work on, and find a new knit, but I think I'm done with home improvements for a while. The next graduation isn't for another year! I'm sure I'll come up with something for the summer, though.

Do you have summer projects planned? I'm always talking about a terraced garden and stone patio....could this be the year?


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the graduation!

    Don't think about/worry about what you will do in six years. God, or your children, will have something for you. No sense in borrowing trouble. ;-)

    We have no summer projects because everything is too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the summer projects! Ours will definitely be low-cost---like spray-painting the deck furniture. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...