Friday, November 9, 2012

Noisy Quick Takes


---1---

My front yard is full of debris.


---2---

My deck is like a swimming pool full of shingles.

---3---

My back yard is full of debris.


---4---

There is one example of the roof rot.  There turned out to be quite a few of those rotten pieces of decking.  Quite a bit above average, we were!


---5---

The shingles have arrived and it's not even 8 a.m.!

---6---

Putting on the sheathing.  I hope they remembered to close up that gaping hole in my attic.

---7---

Normally, there would be an "after" picture here, but we still don't know what our roof looks like!  By the time they had it substantially finished, the sun was setting behind the house and I could barely see it because of the glare.  They were still hammering and cleaning up after dark.  I guess the days are getting a bit short for long jobs that include a surprising amount of rotten decking.  We really needed this new roof!  
Dh left at dawn, so it was frost-covered and barely light enough to see.  The guys are already here  at 7:15 a.m. to finish the details and the cleanup.  

I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Thanks, Sweetie, for this beautiful gift! :-D  I will sleep soundly during the next downpour! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have the security, but I hate spending money on stuff like roofs, tires, furnaces, tree trimming. It's so not fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...