Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday after Thanksgiving Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It's cold.  Suddenly, the leaves are gone and the wind is brisk.  Much more brisk than last week.  It feels like winter is upon us.

I am thinking...

About Christmas.  It's time to sit down and make a plan for Advent and Christmas shopping.


I am thankful...
For the time spent with family in Virginia over Thanksgiving.  We had a great time with all the cousins and siblings.  It's wonderful to see these children who have grown up together become grown up friends.  But I'm also thankful to be back home in my own bed, my own home, and with my own routines.

Oh, and internet access is nice, too.  There was not much flowing through "the tubes" in VA, and it was strained by the smartphone and ipad users.  Most of whom are in my family.    I had thought I might do a little blogging while I was there, but it was not meant to be.

From the learning rooms...
It's going to be hard getting back into the routine.  I'll need to find a new math plan for Pip who has finished his book earlier than expected.

In the kitchen...
Back to Paleo eating and cutting waaaay back on the sugar for the non-paleo eaters.  Last night we did celebrate the Solemnity of Christ the King with Pumpkin Pucks---which are basically pumpkin pies in muffin tins, sweetened with honey and syrup, and topped with unsweetened whip cream.  I thought they were delicious!  I also whipped up some paleo pancakes with the rest of the pumpkin.

I am knitting...
Yes!  I'm knitting!  I'm working on the boorrrring k2p2 hat, which I'm happy to say is growing.  I knitted a shawl-collard cowl for my sister-in-law on a whim, which I finished in a miraculous 4 days.  And last night I started an infinity cowl, like the ones I've seen at Target this season, out of the most beautiful raspberry merino.  I don't plan to keep it for myself, but it might be too pretty to part with!  Maybe there is enough yarn for 2?

I am hoping and praying...
...for our old parish and former pastor
...for healing for a very sick little girl named Erica
...for everyone with cancer

I am looking forward to...
Advent, and getting out our Jesse Tree.  I hope to get to my Jesse Tree post in the next day or so!

Around the house...
It is time to remove all the fall-ish decor, of which there is, thankfully, very little, and start decorating for Advent/Christmas.  It's really, really nice to have a whole, extra week in which to make the change!  There is way too much Christmas decor downstairs, and I'm planning to thin it out this year.  I'm sure my Katie will be happy to take some of it off my hands for her new home!

One of my favorite things...
Advent.  Because I didn't grow up with this Tradition, and I love the Church seasons that we use to prepare our hearts for Christ, and then we celebrate His birth for 12 days.  As a child, I thought it was sad that it was over and done with so quickly.  Those Christmas trees on the curb on December 26 make the holiday seem so empty and meaningless.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Every night of the week is busy.  Choir rehearsal Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!



Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...