Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Historic Election Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It's raining really hard---but the sun is up thanks to the time change last weekend.  I'm not excited about standing in the rain to vote today.  How about you?

I am thinking...
Maybe the lines won't be too bad since the early voting lines were ridiculous every day.  Seriously ridiculous.

I am thankful...
We have a new roof scheduled for Thursday!  I am beyond excited while I'm holding my breath and biting my nails during this rain.  I am so looking forward to not having to worry about what is happening over my head during rainstorms.  We're one of the last few people in the neighborhood to get a new roof---everyone needs one in this 20 year old neighborhood---and it seems most people got one after the Good Friday hailstorm a few years ago.  No hail hit the State Farm insured homes.  Isn't that amazing what our insurance "coverage" does for us?  It actually protects us from hail!

From the learning roomskitchen table...
Keeping up.  Barely.

I am knittingcreating...
Jesse tree ornaments for a swap.  I think I have 4 days left to stitch and applique 11 ornaments, and then put ribbons on all 24.  Each one takes 20-30 minutes, so I just need to find time to sit down and do them.  Without getting distracted by Words with Friends or Twitter.  

I am going...
To Vote today.  Have you voted yet?  Will you have to stand in inclement weather to do so?

I am praying...
For all those affected by Hurricane Sandy, especially those who have lost loved ones, and everything else.
For my son to have a safe hike in the rain today.
For Fr. Mike, and all our priests.

I am reading...
Bill Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid....still.  I finished reading The Hobbit to Meg and Pippo last week.  That was fun.  We have to choose a new read-aloud.  Any ideas?  I read "Macbeth" last week, finished it yesterday, because Pip had to read it for school and I know how challenging Shakespeare is, so I thought it would help if I read it.  I am no Shakespearean actor, but I did my best and I think he got more out of it than he might have reading it on his own.

I am hoping...
The dog doesn't keep getting into my projects.  He has no sense of personal space!  He is welcome to what is on the floor, if anyone is crazy enough to leave their stuff there, but things on tables and in boxes or baskets are NOT. for. him!

I am looking forward to...
The election being over.  Whichever way it goes, life can get back to normal.  I'm pretty sure it will be a different "normal" whichever way it goes, because Obama will have "more flexibility" if he wins, and Romney is his polar opposite.  So things won't remain the same no matter what.

Around the house...
I made a list of items for Fall Housecleaning, so we are starting to work on that list in our 15 minute sessions every day.  In the spring, we clean during Lent.  In the fall, I consider it part of Advent, but Advent is typically much busier than Lent, so we're starting early.

My dear husband spent all day Saturday removing the old caulk from our shower, and I re-caulked it yesterday.  I definitely got the easier part of the job!  Someone told me that's supposed to be done every year.  Really?

One of my favorite things...
Fresh caulk.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Voting, choir, American Heritage Girls, Trivia night (? - It has been a few weeks), Rehearsal for the Gala Christmas Concert (yay!).  And a new roof!  (double yay!)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...  
I still don't know why Pip took this picture when we were leaving church on Sunday.  We went to a church out in the country to visit our friend Fr. Byrd.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Didn't rain here, but we're expecting SNOW tomorrow...great...on top of Hurricane Sandy. We didn't have any storm damage but my mother-in-law had a seriously-flooded basement so she is staying with us for now. Compared to others not so far away from here we are VERY lucky.
    Good to see I'm not the only one looking forward to Christmas-concert rehearsals (Lessons & Carols here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gain more knowledge and good information from your post thanks.you can follow my blog here
    http://www.sandford-highschool.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...