Monday, September 24, 2012

Celebratory Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The sun is coming up in a perfectly clear sky on a very cool morning.  It might be just about time to put the down comforter/flannel duvet on the bed since the temp in the bedroom has dropped below where we set our thermostat!

I am thankful...
I'm so thankful for the afternoon in Athens yesterday with the whole family.  We went there to celebrate last week's birthdays, and had lunch/dinner (at 4 p.m.) at the sketchiest looking college restaurant where they served pretty amazing Cuban food!  We sat outside---well, I guess you have to sit outside there---and stuffed ourselves with Cuban sandwiches, taquitos, burritos, fried yucca, and more.


It was wonderful, as usual, to be all together, if a little awkward because cramped, college apartments occupied by 4 young men don't generally lend themselves to family get-togethers!

From the learning rooms...
School is going well with 2 students.  I really like the fact that we're doing Mother of Divine Grace primarily this year.  I enjoy the program, but I keep thinking about how hard it was to do it when I had 4+ kids at home!  If someone has figured out how to get it all done with lots of kids, I'd be interested to hear how you do it!

In the kitchen...
Too much food and cake this weekend, so I'm off duty this week.  Fix yourself some eggs.

(kidding.  totally.  except about the too much food and cake.)

I am knitting...
Still not knitting, but getting the itch to do something simple.  However, I have enough projects to do at home and books to read that I don't think I should start anything right away.  I did pick up the crochet hook and a giant spool(?) of cotton that my mom+ bequeathed me, and I'm making some cute, nubby washcloths in the car.

I am praying...
The Novena to St. Therese.  I have several big requests for her this year.  I don't expect all of them to be answered in the 9 days, but I know she'll be working on them!

Maria sent me her paper rosary which I begged her for.  For years without count (okay, maybe 20ish), I tried to keep track of a rosary prayed on the fly as I washed dishes and did laundry, but I couldn't do it. I know it didn't matter (still doesn't) that those prayers didn't form a perfect rosary, that they were still useful, but it would have made me feel better to know that I had prayed a full rosary during those days when I felt I didn't have time to sit down and pray it all at once.  So now I can keep track during the days, and probably still find that I don't pray a whole rosary (unless I'm in the car), but I'll know how far off the mark I am!

I am reading...
That deserves a whole post of its own.

Around the house...
I need to finish painting the furniture in my bedroom.  All that's left is dh's chest of drawers.  And then clean it all up and make it beautiful!

One of my favorite things...
My kids.  They make me laugh, and I love hanging around with them.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Painting, cleaning, reading.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

He didn't care for cameras or tail-pulling. (Some other kid did that.  Not mine.)
Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. I don't know... I think you can be off kitchen duty this week. Your daughter is probably big enough to make herself some food.

    And yes, it is a spool of cotton yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...