Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Random Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
What little rain we got last night, in spite of tornado watches, is drying up, but it's still cloudy and foreboding.

I am thinking...
I spend a lot of time thinking about where we're going with American Heritage Girls and what I need to do next!

I am thankful...
For all the online community that I'm building.  I'm enjoying getting to know others through this New Media, and I'm inspired every day by something they say or write.  There's a lot of great stuff out there!

From the learning rooms...
Children are working quietly as I type.  They're in their pajamas, reading, reading, reading.  There is a ton of reading in the curriculum this year.

In the kitchen...
TMax and I are doing the 21-Day Primal Challenge---though I must admit I caved in to ice cream on Sunday and a gluten-free treat----and we're having some yummy paleo/primal meals.  Tonight will be pork fried rice made with cauliflower "rice" and last night's leftover pork.  For me, it's really been all about keeping all grains out, and I feel much better for it.

I am wearing...
A belted tunic with black, lace-trimmed leggings.  I love this more since I belted it because I think it was making me look a bit larger than I am!

I am knitting...
Not.

I am going...
Only to the grocery store today and school pickup.  I love these days of being at home!

I am reading...
Calico Bush by Rachel Field.  It's a kids' book, but I found it at the library sale and grabbed it because I love pioneer stories.  I like the little bit of Catholicism brought to the story by Maggie as she is Catholic, but has to be told to keep her popishness to herself!
In 1743, thirteen-year-old Marguerite Ledoux travels to Maine as the indentured servant of a family that regards her as little better than the Indians that threaten them, but her strength, quick thinking and courage surprise them all.

I am looking forward to...
Celebrating 2 big birthdays with the whole family next Sunday!

Around the house...
After my little burst of cleaning last week, I've been a bit stagnant in that area.  Keeping the status quo is good, though.  It's not getting cleaner, but it's not getting messier!

One of my favorite things...
Reading; children reading; lots of books being read.

Okay, and another one:  cold showers.  I started taking them to wake up my metabolism, and I just love the feeling afterward.  Notsomuch during, but definitely afterward!  My skin tingles for hours and I feel alive.  My trick, to make it less of a shock to my system, is to start with the water barely tepid, instead of stepping into an ice-cold shower or turning it on while standing under it, and then turning it all the way to cold pretty quickly.  I don't know if my metabolism is waking up, or if I will continue liking them when the weather is cold, but for now....yep.  Weird, right?

A few plans for the rest of the week...
It's a pretty easy week, so maybe I'll get around to a little more furniture painting.  But we'll have to see how the back pain goes---I'm still having serious muscle spasms from the silly trampolines.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
One of the Stations of the Cross that the American Heritage Girls cleaned on Saturday.  It was a labor of love to scrub the pollen and mildew off of them!
Before cleaning
Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...