Friday, September 7, 2012

Crepuscular Quick Takes


---1---

Beep!  Beep!  Beep!  We interrupt this sleep cycle for an important broadcast.  This is to inform you that for no good reason at all, you won't be able to go back to sleep for 3 hours.  Thank you.  This has been a Public Service Announcement.   Beep!  Beep!  Beep!

Yawn.

---2---

Meg loves these rays of sun between the clouds---she says it's a soul going up to heaven.  Did you know that they are called Crepuscular Rays?



---3---

This is just a little video of Meg practicing her poem, George Washington by Stephen Vincent Benet.  I love how she can't be still while she does it, but has to be dramatic.



---4---

Here she is in a quieter moment, though her bright clothes are making a lot of noise with hot pink pants and fluorescent yellow shirt!  She's following along in her script while the other homeschoolers rehearse their fall play.


---5---

We go play trivia at Starbucks almost every week, and all kinds of silliness occurs during the breaks between questions.  You can tell how badly we are doing by the zaniness of the kids!  When we're doing well, there is, usually, quiet intensity while we all try to figure out the answers.  If the adults are clueless, then you can expect the kids to be pretty silly while they entertain themselves.



---6---

We are the proud parents of a Life Scout.  He's just one giant step away from being an Eagle Scout!


---7---



I found someone local, at a huge antique mall (I could stay there for hours!), who sells Annie Sloan Chalk paint.  So I have purchased several colors, and am in the midst of painting practically anything that stands still (and is boring or depressing).  Like my kitchen island.  It's really hard to get a good picture of it with an accurate color.  I don't think it looks as yellow as the swatch on the website, but the color is Versaille.  You can see however, that it's not white anymore!

It was kind of fun, kind of scary to do.  Now that the wax has dried, I'm happy with it, though I think I'll buff it a bit to shine it up.  There are more details to come on Annie Sloan adventures!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

8 comments:

  1. Your scout is impressive. That's hard work!

    I like the cabinet. What did you do to prep it?

    I hate when I wake up and can't fall back asleep. It makes for a tough day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prep necessary for ASCP---that's the beauty of it!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your scout!

    Unrelated: is that a DQ blizzard spoon in #5? It looks like one...oh, how I miss DQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not DQ, Marie. It's Bruster's, from a parfait. Do they have Brusters where you are? The great thing about Trivia is the adults can get coffee and the kids can get ice cream. Or vice versa.

      Delete
  3. wow, I feel like I need to comment on everything! go back to sleep, congrats on the scout, YOLO! let the kiddo wear loud colors, and the paint! so pretty.

    Ha!

    that is all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She's cute in her brights. No sleep for me unless I get an afternoon nap after SkyZone.

      Delete
  4. I have my Girl Scout Silver and Gold Awards (the equivalent of Life and Eagle) and my twin brother is an Eagle Scout. (I should also add that I finished my projects FIRST and got my Gold Award 4 months before Sean had his Eagle Court.) We got them in 1998 which was during the whole Monica Lewinsky debacle. My letter from President Clinton arrived in July and my brother's comment was, "Hey Jenni! He wants you to be his intern!" My comment: "Ah. I guess he's branching out!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, didn't know that about those clouds I love!
    And congrats to your LIFE Scout! My older son is an Eagle Scout and I know how much work it takes to get to this point. Hope he continues all the way to Eagle--it was the best thing my son ever did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...