Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Daybook


FOR TODAY---Labor Day 2012

Outside my window...
It's cloudy, and if it's anything like the past couple of days, very humid.  I haven't been wanting to go outside this weekend.

I am thinking...
About which projects to tackle today.  Which one(s) will give me the most bang for the buck, the most satisfaction.

I am thankful...
For an extra day in my weekend, and especially thankful that Dh gets to spend it with us!

From the learning rooms...
A day off!

In the kitchen...
We had an "A+" dinner last night since I used my new Nom Nom Paleo ipad app.  It's one of the most beautiful apps I've seen and I love it for a cookbook!  We had stuffed mushrooms---which weren't stuffed because there were no 'shrooms at the store suitable for stuffing, so I just roasted sliced mushrooms and spooned the stuffing on top.  We also baked up a sliced winter squash---not acorn, but green and round (helpful, I know)---and then had sliced, organic, multi-colored cherry tomatoes with basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.  Everyone, except the pickiest eater meg was happy.  Nay, thrilled.  It was yummy and satisfying.  

In the crockpot is a pork butt for dinner.

I am wearing...
White shorts---for the last time because you can't wear white after Labor Day---Kidding, because that's stupid and this is Atlanta!---and a blue top.  My hair, which is finally long enough to pull up and out of my way when I plan to work, is just that:  UP.

I am knitting...
A little, mindless project.  I'm determined to use up scrap yarns these days.  The stash bins are a bit full.

I am going...
To piano lessons in an hour, and then I'm going to come home and get to work on one of those yet-to-be-decided projects.

I am reading...
Killing Lincoln for my book club.  I'm enjoying it, especially since I didn't realize it was written as a novel, not just a dry history book.  It's very engaging.

I am hoping...
My day doesn't get wasted because they're suddenly listing things I need to do for them!  Oh, but wait, that goes perfectly with this post by Peter Kreeft  that I read last night.  Please click over; it's really worth the read!

I am hearing on my ipod...
Not much.  Many of my favorite podcasters were at the CNMC12 last week.

Around the house...
Lots of little projects and, still, that strong desire to get rid of half of everything I own.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
AHG Board meeting, not much school driving since TMax has only 3 days this week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My grown up girl with her moving truck packed and ready to go---2 weeks ago.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! Your mushroom and squash dinner sounds amazing! I may need to recreate my own version of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...