Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Sweets

You'll find much more beautiful Sunday Sweets on the Cake Wrecks blog, but I thought I'd show you our little attempt at a giant cupcake for Meg's birthday.



 The cake on top was made in a pyrex bowl.  Now we have to sculpt the bottom to fit:


 Despite trying to brush off crumbs and apply a crumb-coat, it was still very hard to get the frosting on without crumbs!

 I used my handy zig-zaggy tool to get the ridge edges.  I've had it for years, and have used it less fewer than 5 times!

 A cupcake isn't complete without sprinkles!
 Or a polka-dotted wrapper, evidently.



 So you can tell how large it was:

I used the leftover green frosting and the discarded cake shreds to make cake balls.  They turned into a lovely (not) Shrek-like color, so I called them Shrek Balls.  A name which stuck and turned out to be rather....unfortunate...shall we say.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...