The cake on top was made in a pyrex bowl. Now we have to sculpt the bottom to fit:
Despite trying to brush off crumbs and apply a crumb-coat, it was still very hard to get the frosting on without crumbs!
I used my handy zig-zaggy tool to get the ridge edges. I've had it for years, and have used it
less fewer than 5 times!
A cupcake isn't complete without sprinkles!
Or a polka-dotted wrapper, evidently.
So you can tell how large it was:
I used the leftover green frosting and the discarded cake shreds to make cake balls. They turned into a lovely (not) Shrek-like color, so I called them Shrek Balls. A name which stuck and turned out to be rather....unfortunate...shall we say. :-/