Monday, January 30, 2012

End of January Days

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Dark.  My guess is that it will be clear and cool, in the 50's today.

I am thinking...
Thinking, thinking, thinking about AHG and issues we have in the troop.  Thinking about what has been said, what could be said, what could be done.   It seems as if every spare moment I have is occupied with these problems and how to shape our troop going forward.  It's Mondays like this when I just want to say that I've been Assistant Troop Coordinator for 2 years, and Troop Coordinator for 2 years, so I'll be happy to step down now and let someone else do the job!  Unfortunately, I don't think that's what God wants right now, and I keep hearing and reading these Bible verses that tell me that doing His will is not meant to be easy.  Sigh.

I am thankful...
For the Church and her wisdom....for friends who are supportive and encouraging...for my husband who listens and hasn't told me to quit...

From the learning rooms kitchen table...
Trying to limit trips out of the house as much as possible so we can stay on track.

In the kitchen...
Our dishwasher gave up the ghost Saturday night.  :-(  We had to wash all the dishes by hand, and will continue doing so for the next week while we wait for a new one to arrive.  I'll be happy to have all stainless steel appliances at long last!  But I'll be even happier if this new dishwasher works as well as it looks.

I am wearing...
Cozy sweatpants and sweatshirt, ready to take out the pup when he asks and go for a long walk.

I am knitting...
"Finished" my gray sweater this morning.  It needs work, however.  The sleeves are too short, the body is too short, and the neck doesn't curl the way it's supposed to.  Did I bind off too tightly?  I guess I'll let it sit for a bit and work on Pippo's hat and Meg's slippers.

I am going...
To the grocery store today!  woot!   That's the extent of our planned excitement for the day. Aside from that, I think we're going to be washing dishes by hand.

I am wondering...

I am reading...
I'm still reading a review copy of a book which I forgot about over the weekend, and I have Leisure the Basis of Culture on the nightstand waiting its turn.

I am hoping...
The dishwasher comes soon....Our AHG board meeting goes well this week...

I am looking forward to...
The chili-cookoff at church this weekend.  I won it a few years ago, but I just love going to eat the different types of chili!

I am hearing on my ipod...
I recently added the Jimmy Akin podcast to the lineup.  I enjoy his mellow voice and his very thorough answers to questions about the Catholic faith.

Around the house...
Umm...broken dishwasher....KT keeps asking how many more things I have to mark off my to-do list before I'm ready to tackle painting the bathroom and the library and the desk out in the garage.  Well, the desk has to wait for really warm weather---that garage is cold!  (hmmm, unless maybe I take a space heater out there?)

One of my favorite things...
Sitting down on a Sunday to knit and the family room is reasonably clean; there's no laundry to be folded or put away.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Washing dishes....AHG board meeting...Choir...business as usual.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Last Sunday's Primal Carrot cake.  Made with coconut flour and maple syrup for sweetener.   OMG it was goood!  Everyone loved it.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...