Monday, February 7, 2011

Frosty, Gray February Day

Outside my window...


...Dark.  We're expecting rain and yucky winter weather this week.  Not the fun kind, just the tedious kind---sleet.




I am thinking...


...about how I let so many days slip past without visiting my blog!  Some days are just busy, busy, and I honestly don't have the time to put the thought into a post----maybe I think about it a lot, but can't sit down and write it!  And there are the other days, like Saturday and Sunday, when the kids use the computer more and I'm getting things done around the house, and I really don't care to do more than check my email on my ipod and be present for my family.  That's a good thing.

But we won't talk about the days where I sleep too late to post anything before computer time is up.  


I am thankful for...


...that everyone in my family is in good health these days!




From the schoolroom kitchen table...
...a model of the earth's layers.  



 Everyone looooved this little project!

From the kitchen...


...My famous chili tonight.  I made it for the boys who didn't want to go to the SuperBowl party last night because they didn't know anyone or had homework to do. The rest of us get to eat it tonight!


I am wearing...
...Nightgown still.  I hate to get dressed to my shoes as soon as I wake up...if I have time...so I lounge in my pj's until time to get to work!

I am creating...
...Still working on my scarf.  I finally reached the halfway point.

I think I'm going to take some cotton in the car and start crocheting dishcloths. Our dishcloths are getting gross and need to be replaced, but I like the handmade ones the best.


I am reading...
...The Rite .  Still not finished---I hit a slightly boring part.


I am hoping...
...for a wonderful new pastor at our parish.  Ours has been reassigned after 7 years.  We'll miss him and have our fingers crossed are praying for a good new one!

I am hearing...


...the cereal box because Tom's up.  Dh is starting the coffee.  My time is just about up here!




Around the house...
...nothing new there.  The usual clutter and balls of yarn.

I am going...


...to the usual places today:  school, to drop off and pick up.  And home, to sit by the fire during the yucky weather!




One of my favorite things...
...Sleeping in my soft, warm bed.

I am praying for...


...a friend who lost her mother yesterday.
...a new pastor.


A few plans for the rest of the week...


...AHG, Choir, and maybe some more blogging.



Picture thought for the day...
Learning how to replace an outlet.




1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...