Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Daybook

Outside my window...

...Sunny, cold, and clear, although I expect it will warm up to the 60's later.  We just walked home from the Honda shop in the crisp air because we didn't feel like waiting for the shuttle.  Brrr.  But it woke our sleepy selves up!


I am thinking...

...oh, lots of things.  Most of them are not good thoughts.  There's a lot going on inside my head that, quite frankly, I'd like to get out.  Among them are thoughts about gratitude from reading One Thousand Gifts, and my husband tops the list there!


I am thankful for...
...that everyone in my family is in good health these days!
Most of them seem to have sore throats now---so much for that.  
As I said, I'm thankful for my Sweet Husband who makes me smile and laugh.
I'm thankful for my 6 kids who make me very proud.



From the schoolroom kitchen table...  

Today we'll be having fun with St. Valentine along with our regular work.  Meg is playing Timez Attack, like Faith, and getting better at her times tables.  


From the kitchen...
...Sirloin Tip Roast tonight with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Red Velvet Cupcakes, courtesty of my Little Princess.

I am wearing...
...Jeans, grey knit shirt and black cardigan with a red scarf in honor of the day.

I am creating...
...Still working on my scarf. I'm determined to finish it by Wednesday's Yarn Along!!!!!


I am reading...
...One Thousand Gifts.


I am hoping...
...for a wonderful new pastor at our parish.  Ours has been reassigned after 7 years.  We'll miss him and have our fingers crossed are praying for a good new one!

I am hearing...
...a debate about whether to use Buttercream or Cream Cheese frosting on the Red Velvet cupcakes.  My opinion is that since the red has no flavor, the cake is just chocolate unless you put Cream Cheese frosting on it.  But I think I'm going to lose this debate since I would prefer not to eat the cupcakes, and if I want anyone else to, they need to be buttercream.  :-/

Jim Brickman music, courtesy of Barbara, whose blog I left open.  



Around the house...
...Laundry that didn't get done over the weekend, plus the usual Monday laundry.  
...a sick child home from school.
...cleaning a bathroom because one child neglected his chore this weekend.

I am going...
...to get my car back later and then to pick up Tom from school.  That's probably about it after our adventure walking home from Honda this morning.  I'll let them come get us since it's uphill all the way back!



One of my favorite things...
...Sleeping in my soft, warm bed.
...Not having to get out of my bed to start the day.

I am praying for...
...all those suffering from cancer.
The souls of the faithful departed.
...our new pastor.
...Graces.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
...No AHG this week, but another meeting of all the "Ministry Heads" at the parish.



Picture thought for the day...

3 comments:

  1. Hurray Meg! I'm glad Timez Attack is working. These kids are just different in how they learn today and I guess I have to face the fact!

    Have a great Monday and I hope the sickness doesn't spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try Timez Attack with my daughter again. It didn't seem to click with her, but maybe it is worth giving it another shot. As for your cupcakes... definitely cream cheese frosting! Red velvet just isn't red velvet without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, it's not supposed to be chocolate....

    and I don't like it becaues red food coloring has a TERRIBLE taste to me!!

    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/8-essentials-for-authentic-red-velvet-cake-2451699/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...