Monday, January 24, 2011

January Daybook

Outside my window...

..Sunny, but I'm assuming it's cold since it seems to be cold in the house!


I am thinking...

...about how such a meek, non-attention-seeking person such as myself can be so full of pride.  It extends to lots all areas of my life, but one in particular today.


I am thankful for...

...homeschooling and the opportunity to spend lots of days with my children who grow up and move away far too fast.  It's not always easy, and we're not always happy, but I can't imagine not having had these years and these extra hours  with all my kids.  When it comes right down to it, it's the hours and minutes that add up.  And they're adding up when my loved ones are away from me in high school, too!  I'll just try to be thankful that they're at excellent Catholic schools while they're not with me!


From the schoolroom kitchen table...
...last week we stayed on track all week.  Today is a bit of a struggle with one student, but we're managing.  We're working on memorizing times tables and prepositions!

From the kitchen...

...birthday cake again!  Last birthday for a few months...whew!


I am wearing...
...sweats.  Ugh.  I need to go get dressed!  I know there are "nice" workout clothes, but I feel such a frump if I don't put on real clothes.  You can wear sweats workout gear if you want to, but it makes me feel lazy.  Weird, huh?

I am creating...
...Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Frogged it.  Here's where the big ol' ugly Pride reared his head.  I've been working on my Lace Ribbon scarf which was beautiful!  Growing slowly, but surely.  I'm not the fastest knitter, but I had done about 8 inches with no problems.  Thinking about how much easier this lace pattern is and I haven't made mistakes or needed to use a lifeline.  (Read the comments in that last Yarn-Along.)  But maybe I should.  Nah.  

You know where this is going, right?  I can only blame the excitement at the end of the football game last night...but I finally made a mistake...when I discovered it I tried and tried to figure out how to take out just the little bit, but I had absolutely no idea how to put those loops of yarn back on the needles!  So it's all gone.  And I don't think I'll finish it before warm weather comes.  

You know what they say:  Pride goeth before a fall.  


Ouch.


I am reading...
...The Rite .  It's going to get creepy, I imagine.  Especially after seeing the movie trailer yesterday.


...The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  Picked it up Saturday to skim through (since I'd read it before) and it was the book for a new book club I've been invited to join.  Well, I thought it was Sunday, but I was wrong:  it's next week.  And that's great news because 2 pages into it I remembered how much I love. love. love. this book.  It was such a fun read, and I am having fun reading it again, and I am blessed to be able to discuss it with others this time!


I am hoping...
...For a productive spring with American Heritage Girls.  There's a lot going on there!

I am hearing...

...the occasional noises from the kitchen table where my Little Princess is doing her math.


Around the house...
...nothing new there.  The usual clutter and balls of yarn.

I am going...

...to the health food store and probably the yarn store for some new lace knitting needles.  I think this scarf will go a bit faster with a sharper point on my needles!


One of my favorite things...
...a Daddy who takes his baby ice-skating for her birthday, and hangs around at the post office for hours with another child who needs a passport!

I am praying for...

...My brother who gets a BAHA implant tomorrow so he can begin to have hearing on both sides again!


A few plans for the rest of the week...

...AHG, Choir, and not to forget---a 9th birthday celebration tonight!



Picture thought for the day...


from this:
to this:


Happy 9th Birthday to my sweet Meg!  You're so much fun to be around!  I love your sparkly personality and your zest for life.  

1 comment:

  1. nonononnononono!!!

    don'ttell me they grow up1!!

    I won't listen I won't I WON'T!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...