1. The news from Haiti continues to move me to tears----tears of joy for people who are rescued after many days, tears of sorrow for those who aren't, and tears because there are good people in the world doing heroic things.
2. Today is a day of fasting and prayer, according to my Catholic calendar, to bring an end to the ongoing horror of abortion. My kids occasionally ask questions about abortion and are shocked by the answers. Children are naturally pro-life. Why do adults have twist something so simple (killing an innocent human being) into a convoluted argument that gives people, mothers, the "right" to kill their babies?
3. Bad news on the family front is that my brother has a golf-ball sized tumor in his head. It's a Meningioma, which is usually benign, but it's still pretty serious. He has permanently lost 90% of his hearing on the left side, and the surgery carries obvious risks along with more hearing loss and facial paralysis. He'll be having the surgery in the next couple of weeks. Please say a prayer for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
4. All this tear-worthy news has me knitting like crazy. I think I have an un-precedented number of projects on needs and the desire to cast on a couple more! In my knitting bag I have LP's sweater, a new pair of socks for KT, a leafy scarf, and a hat for an unplanned recipient. It might end up going to my brother----although he says he wants everyone to see his scar so they'll feel sorry for him. He's keeping his sense of humor, thankfully!
5. We have another birthday this weekend for our Little Princess. I'm happy she's turning 8 (am I? Really?), but I can live without a giant chocolate chip cookie cake.
6. Some blogs that I read have music on them, which I generally like, although I read recently that they're bad! On one blog, in particular, I used to play her "blog song" repeatedly because I liked it so much. But just now, as I was opening a whole bunch of windows on decorating to look at later, one of them started playing music. Since I'm listening to a podcast, I had to hunt through all of them to find the culprit and turn off the conflicting music.
How do you feel about music on blogs?
7. I watched the Massachusett's election of Scott Brown with interest, and a little hope (that's the normal kind of "hope", not "HOPE"!). I'm anxious to see what comes out of this.
You can find some interesting stuff out there!