Friday, October 9, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



1.  Jennifer isn't hosting today because she put away her computer for the week.  Shocking.  I don't know how anyone can do that!  Really, what would I do with all my spare time?

2.  A friend of ours has started podcasting and he just posted his third podcast yesterday.  You can listen to Jeff, The Catholic Pilot, here.  He mentions yours truly in a couple of them, but that's not why I'm suggesting you listen.  My favorite part, so far, is the little tidbits on what it's like to be an airline pilot.  I'm looking forward to hearing him talk more about his faith.

3.  I know you're all dying for knitting and quilting updates!  I'm ready to turn the heel on my sock.  I know that's thrilling, but not as thrilling as the minor miracle that occurred the other day.  I'm not going to have enough yarn for 2 socks so I went back to Hobby Lobby to see if I could find another skein to match (I know, right?).  Well, in the clearance section there was 1 lonely skein in the same colorway.  A different dye-lot, to be sure, but the same color.  That's amazing since I bought the yarn on clearance about 3 months ago.  I must have left that same skein because it was a different dye lot, but I don't think it will matter if I use that one just for the toes when I run out.

4.  I put buttons on the Little Princess quilt the other day.  Go me!  Today I plan to work on the binding.

5.  It looks like Thursdays are American Heritage Girls day whether I have a meeting or not.  Yesterday was spent removing and properly placing patches on LP's vest.  I should also have done some paperwork, but, yuck.  I noticed yesterday that my AHG bags are exactly where I dropped them after last week's meeting.  Now, if only that had been in their proper place....

6.  This is hysterical.  All those wonderful homeschooled girls who learn to knit as part of their curriculum....who would have thought they'd use that lovely, old-fashioned art for....

a thong.

7.  You know, speaking of ipods and podcasts....when do you moms listen to your ipods?  I tend to listen to itunes when I'm on the computer, and I use my ipod touch for occasionally checking email or fb (okay, and maybe a game once in a while!).  I rarely ever put the headphones on and listen while I'm doing something else.  So I hardly ever listen to podcasts.  I listen to those at the computer, too, if I listen at all.

Tell me, what are you doing when you have your ipod on?  There are more podcasts I'd like to listen to, but I don't want to spend more time in front of the computer.


I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy your fall weather.  I plan to be marching in a rainy parade tomorrow with my AHG girls!

4 comments:

  1. If I'm wearing my "ears" I'm either doing housework or running. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand having anything in or on my ears -- no iPod for me.

    PS Betsy Tacy arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I know you from TORCH! I've been stalking your blog for awhile... anyway, do you do AHG at St. Andrew? I think my daughter Lainey would love this. She's 7. Is there any room? Can we still join? My email is theculloms at comcast dot net Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G.
    a knitted pink WOOL thong!!!

    that's the funniest thing I've read in....well...forever!!


    yeehaw on the buttons! I'll bet it's super-dee-dooper cutsie pie!


    and I wear my ipod when I'm day sleeping...it helps me relax and the little ear bud is great for blocking out kid/daddy noises drifting down the hall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...